[NL2-NL10] AK UTG1; Villain stats important here?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      MP2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.26, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 raises to $0.99 (All-In).

Flop: ($2.02) 7:heart: , 8:heart: , T:spade:
      Turn: ($2.02) Q:spade:
      River: ($2.02) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Ah Ks)
      MP2 shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kh Kc)

MP2 wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Kh Kc)

Consider the stats of my opponent, was it wrong to push him allin in the situation? I'm only getting familiar with elephant stats, and I'm not positive on how I'm reading this.
  • 10 replies
    • Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      With 8 in preflop raise his raising range preflop would be 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, his 3betting range much less maybe JJ+, AQs+, AKo. Versus this 3bet range u only have 43% equity, so I would fold here never second guessing my choice.

Another thing to consider, even if its not always correct at micro limits, is that u raise from UTG +1 which tells him that u probably has a really good hand, it would be different if u raised from CO where ur range is wider.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't think that he even thinks here about his UTG raise, good if he knows what's UTG. That's what I have learned from NL2 :P
      According to his PFR I would prefer to fold here, his raise looks kinda strong to me.
    • Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I don't think that he even thinks here about his UTG raise, good if he knows what's UTG.
      U are probably correct in that assumption but if u make a habit of consider what u representing, u will have a much easier time later on in higher limits and vs better players. Although most players dont consider the fact that u raised from UTG there is a few that does, if u always ask urself what others think u have and learn to recognize who of ur opponents that actually do consider it u will earn alot of money by making a correct choice instead of a good guess.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      For 50BB, I am going broke.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      That was my train of thought right there. I only glanced at his stats after the flop came down and thought to myself, maybe I shouldn't have pushed him here.
    • Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      Could u explain why?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      50bb = fish = go broke :D
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Menel
      Could u explain why?
      Because I do not think that he is a good player playing only for 50BB (even if his stats indicate conservating raising range). And if I am wrong, I still might have some equity and I risk only 50BB. And it might help to my table image.
    • Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      ok, fair enough.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      This is NL2 + he only has 50BB + hes not a nit = go broke in a heartbeat.
      On this limit AK=nuts.