dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:     
      Hero:
      $4,90
      BU:
      $15,75

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , 9:club:
      4 folds, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 9:spade: , 5:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, BU raises to $1,75, Hero raises to $4,65 (All-In), BU calls $2,90.

Turn: ($9,90) 3:diamond:
      River: ($9,90) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,90

AND

Known players:    
      Hero:
      $4,30
      UTG1:
      $11,75
      MP2:
      $15,95
      MP3:
      $2,05
      CO:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , T:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,35) T:spade: , 9:spade: , 2:diamond: (5 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, UTG1 folds, MP2 raises to $2,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4,05 (All-In), MP2 calls $1,55.

Turn: ($9,45) 4:diamond:
      River: ($9,45) 5:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,45

I always play TP J+ kicker as made hand in freeplays, is that somehow not advisable? How about in the 2nd example with a multi-way pot?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Without reads I play it the same way in the first hand

But in the 2nd hand I dont really like betting into 4 people. When someone raises I double think whether it is possible if i am beat, mostly this is easy solvable by spectating the table when not in a hand (= playing within comfort zone in multitabling)

I sincerely think that c/c or c/RAI is a better move since I think you were beat in the 2nd hand but you priced yourself in by leading

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @ Gerv:

Why c/c or c/rai on the second hand? To evaluate what the others might have, so that if I see raise and re-raise on flop I can choose to fold?

And I didn't understand what you meant by "you priced yourself in by leading".
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      deleted
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      @ Gerv:

Why c/c or c/rai on the second hand? To evaluate what the others might have, so that if I see raise and re-raise on flop I can choose to fold?

And I didn't understand what you meant by "you priced yourself in by leading".
      Well you bet into 4 other people with just TPTK, if they fold fine. if one of them call you are already doubting whether you have the best hand. If one raises you, you are even more doubting but you still have to continue aka shoving your hand since you dedicated yourself to go broke with TPTK

Mostly I try to get more information by just calling an opponents bet who is in position to see if he takes a 2nd stab on the Turn. If not I bet on the River. If he takes a stab on the turn headsup , I mostly c/RAI if a comes or a blank. a Q , J or A will make me c/f the Turn.

- Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      That was very helpful, thanks.