Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,65
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:heart:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $4,65 (All-In), BU calls $3,90.

Flop: ($9,40) 4:spade: , 8:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      Turn: ($9,40) J:club:
      River: ($9,40) 3:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,40

Even though the hand sample is so small, it's an easy push against this guy?

ORL= 44% PFR=22%
  • 7 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi Dandycal,

I would have probably just raised the normal 3x rather than push my whole stack with AT. That way i at least have a way out on the flop depending on the villians play.

According to Equilator he could be stealing with such a wide range such as 44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q4s+, J6s+, T6s+, 97s+, 87s, A2o+, K6o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o so i think he could quite easily have hit the 8 or the 4.

My apologies is my estimates are wrong in advance as im just starting to work this stuff out, so please feel free to correct me.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Nicely played imo.

I don't know why you're talking about if he hit the 8 or the 4, as thats irrelevant to the preflop decision.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I don't know why you're talking about if he hit the 8 or the 4, as thats irrelevant to the preflop decision.
      I was just expressing my opinion on the way i would have played it. And by giving an example i was trying to say that once the flop hit i could have got away from the hand cheaply if i had to rather than risk a whole stack on a steal.

If i am wrong then i apologise.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      since playing this hand oop sucks too much, I'm also pushing this preflop. I expect ATo to be ahead of his range since he seems to be wild enough.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      I was just expressing my opinion on the way i would have played it. And by giving an example i was trying to say that once the flop hit i could have got away from the hand cheaply if i had to rather than risk a whole stack on a steal.

If i am wrong then i apologise.

Regards,
      -Steve
      ah ok, yeah true. Sorry i misunderstood, i thought you were saying it was bad play BECAUSE he could have an 8 or 4. lol

I think though yes he could suck out, but in the long run i think hes ahead of his range as well
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey dadude,

No apologies necessary mate.

Thats why we're here, to help improve our knowledge through discussion.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I prefer pushing and then the Stop&Go thing with PPs and then at the bottom of the foodchain, I reraise 3x on micro's because opponents rather call than 4bet you.

Well with a call from Villain, you shove any flop aka give free cards

With a 4bet, you know with ATo you are beat but mathematically speaking you have to call his 4bet due equity.

Just let him make a decision whether to call you or not, mostly he folds or calls you with a weird PP ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv