This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

1,5$ | FR | T |iso pre/post| KJo

• maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      hi,

I made an isolation raise against a fish. He calls the raise and donks the flop. I thought that this could be a variety of hands. I discounted AK because he should have raised it. KQ is possible but I had a King myself and took the card removal effect into account, which make to pretty unlikely. I gave him straight, flushdraws and worse King in his range. Maybe even a stupid queen or a pp. Neverthless it's a tricky spot. If I cant broke this one on those flops I probably should iso raise with it. Calling and folding seemed weak because of the draws. According to that I simply shoved the flop for max fe.

Poker Stars, $1.32 Buy-in (15/30 blinds, 4 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 1,368 (45.6 bb)
      BB: 1,388 (46.3 bb)
      UTG+1: 2,594 (86.5 bb)
      UTG+2: 1,418 (47.3 bb)
      MP1: 2,063 (68.8 bb)
      MP2: 1,096 (36.5 bb)
      MP3: 1,540 (51.3 bb)
      CO: 469 (15.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 1,564 (52.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Kh: :Jd:
      2 folds, MP1 calls 30, 3 folds, Hero raises to 120, SB calls 105, BB folds, MP1 calls 90

Flop: (426) :Kc: :Qh: :7h: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets 213, Hero raises to 1,440 and is all-in, SB folds, MP1 calls 1,227

Turn: (3,306) :Ah: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (3,306) :2c: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

greets

maniac
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      He’s leading in to 2 players and he need to bet/call with weaker kings and flush draws to even considering shoving here. If you have reads he can do it I think a shove seems right. Otherwise I would most likely call and her-evaluate the turn.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      ok lets think about if I had called the flop an the turn ist die Ah. If he leads again I am down to my pot odds with nutFD trips and two pair. If he checks this turn. Do you lead it? I would play for pot control or bet for free showdown. If I get a check raise turn I am beat.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      You don't want to bet turn after flop call and bet-folding would be pretty horrible ending considering amount of likely outs. So mainly call again turn or check back. If villain check river you can value bet small.

Mainly you want to ask in turn how likely it's to get value by betting, can you value bet blank river again and do you have easy decision if facing raise. Getting value here for one street is plausible but sort of thin, you cannot bet again for value on blank river and getting raised will create tricky situation. So all points for check to be better.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      Thanks for your post.

According to that if I have a turn spot in which I have more or less nothing to draw bet/fold is a better option.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well again depends as always in poker :)

If you have KsJs sure you have easy fold to raise on turn but you still have to ask if there is value in betting.