This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing in the USA

• 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Willy411,

I answered a similar question, just the other day. You can view that response here.

Regards

Laz
    • kacsa1st
      kacsa1st
      Bronze
      And u can also play at ignition and acr as US citizen.
    • WaytWhat
      WaytWhat
      Basic
      If you have a foreign account and a buddy who has a remote computer for you to log into you can do it...and actually do it legally. I just started a thread on this:
      Edited by VorpalF2F: Link removed

Thanks for understanding...
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi WaytWhat

As you can see, I've edited your post.
      Please see our forum principles.

The post you linked to has been removed and is under review.

All the best,
      VS
    • WaytWhat
      WaytWhat
      Basic
      I clicked on the "our forum principles" link but I don't have correct status to access it. I'm guessing I'm not allowed to post links, is that correct? Does it not matter that the link was to another forum on this website?

Or is it due to the content of the thread that I posted? If so please advise on how I could get the information out there to the poker community, as I feel it is valuable information.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey WaytWhat,

Firstly, I have fixed the forum principles link above.

Your thread won't be permitted due to the content. Using a remote computer in another country is still misrepresenting your location. This is a breach of the Terms of Service of our official partner rooms.

Please see below excerpt from PokerStars ToS:

Rational Group prohibits persons located in (including temporary visitors) or residents of certain jurisdictions (including jurisdictions where persons are required to play according to the regulations in such jurisdiction, using the appropriately designated, licensed game) clients from making deposits into their accounts or engage in RM Games (the “Prohibited Jurisdictions”). For the avoidance of doubt, the foregoing restrictions on engaging in real-money play from Prohibited Jurisdictions apply equally to residents and citizens of other nations while located in a Prohibited Jurisdiction.

Any attempt to circumvent the restrictions on play by any persons located in a Prohibited Jurisdiction, is a breach of this Agreement. An attempt at circumvention includes, but is not limited to, manipulating the information used by Rational Group to identify your location and providing Rational Group with false or misleading information regarding your location or place of residence. Any such attempt will entitle us to take such steps as we deem appropriate including, without limitation, seizing the funds in your User account.
      As a consequence, we can't allow discussion of that nature on our boards.

Regards

Laz
    • WaytWhat
      WaytWhat
      Basic
      Fair enough, thank you for the explanation