best use of a $24+$2 token?

• 8 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      If you want to try and guarantee you get some cash for your token I would recommend either:

- A satellite to a $150 tourney. These payout about 1/5 of the group and are usually fairly easy to place in.

- A knockout tourney. You can take a shot at the bigger money but make some money as you go.

It depends on your skill at MTT really. If you think you can make the final table a reasonable amount of times probably just take a shot at a standard tourney. If you think you can knock out some people but not get right to the end do a KO so that you can at least make some cash.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I accidentally won a 75$ token myself what do you think the best way to get any money out of it is?
      I am an OK (not great) MTT player but I only have experience from the lowest buyin MTTs.
      I am a decent SNG player (SNGs are what I mainly play) but 75$ tier3 SNG is way out of my bankroll.

As far as I know the token cannot be sold nor exchanged for anything so any advice on what to actually do with it will be very appreciated..
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Use it in a mtt you think will be fun... Live isn't all about money you know...

Next time you feel like playing a mtt enter a $75 one or $26 one with your ticket... it's all good maybe you'll win some... maybe not... atleast you'll have some fun with it... alright K... Tickets aren't supposed to be used as some brm thingy :)
    • RavinMic
      RavinMic
      Bronze
      I agree with Hlynkinn, tokens have nothing to do with your bankroll. It's essentially a seat in a tournament that you would otherwise not be able to play in. So Lubor, by your logic, if you won a 10k seat at the world series, you wouldn't play because your bankroll says you can't afford it? It's a free seat. Don't look at it like $75, look at it as a freeroll. With a really big prize pool. Good Luck.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavinMic
      I agree with Hlynkinn, tokens have nothing to do with your bankroll. It's essentially a seat in a tournament that you would otherwise not be able to play in. So Lubor, by your logic, if you won a 10k seat at the world series, you wouldn't play because your bankroll says you can't afford it? It's a free seat. Don't look at it like $75, look at it as a freeroll. With a really big prize pool. Good Luck.
      uhm lol I can't really look at 10k the same way as 0.075k... lol :) but yea if you "accidentally" win 10k ticket someday I say you should sell it :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Hey guys,

I accidentally won a 75$ token myself what do you think the best way to get any money out of it is?
      I am an OK (not great) MTT player but I only have experience from the lowest buyin MTTs.
      I am a decent SNG player (SNGs are what I mainly play) but 75$ tier3 SNG is way out of my bankroll.

As far as I know the token cannot be sold nor exchanged for anything so any advice on what to actually do with it will be very appreciated..
      Ok first of all, how the hell do you win won of these on purpose?

after you answer that, tell me how you did it by accident please.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      They have big tourneys for them sometimes.

You pay like $10 or something and the top 1/4 win one. (not exact numbers but you get the gist)

Believe they also have a SnG equivalent where the top 2/9 win one or some such.

They are a grey/silver sort of colour in the full tilt tournament section. just go have a look you'll find one quickly.

Dunno how you win one by accident... Maybe by playing the wrong tourney.

You can also get them via iron man promotion I think.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      My last two $26 tokens were used in MTT's, usually the 32k guarantee or something. Even though I failed to cash, it was great fun and well worth it because my analysis and decision-making was much more intense than in my usual $5 tourneys :D

I have another token right now and am debating whether to try out another MTT or play a tier2 SNG... I think I'll flip a coin or something.