This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

1,5$ | FR | T | HU| ATo

• maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      Hi,

villain is a fish who never 3 bet bevore. I assumed that his range is pretty strong. I would estimate 7% or smth. Is that correct? How much do you raise call anyway? 88+,ATs+,KTs+,AQo+? 6%

Poker Stars, $1.32 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: 3,246 (16.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): 10,254 (51.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Ac: :Td:
      Hero raises to 400, BB raises to 3,221 and is all-in, Hero folds

greets

maniac
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Tough to ever consider folding ATo pre-flop in a HU situation. Not sure you have any specific HU info on him, but even against a nit I can’t fold ATo in a spot like this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      Can you guess what kind of hands do you couldn't fold either, please? 99+ For sure. KQs?

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well 16bb versus tight (?) opponent would go with like all pockets, A9o+, A7s+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs. I don't think any tighter would be reasonable versus almost anyone. That is nitty already. Said all pockets as smallest ones should be always open shoves and some 66 or so is too strong to raise-fold.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      so you openshove 22-55 and raise call 66+,A9o+, A7s+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs? even cs nit who restealed you the first time? Did I get that right?

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well somewhat depends on how he has played otherwise. If he is type that has been open folding ton of buttons and folding lot of bbs versus minraises we can adjust and be tighter. But unless villain is just folding ton those small pockets are just most +EV to shove with less than 20bb deep.

But yeah I think how he has played overall should have good amount of impact. E.g. versus someone being active from BU and who have defended lot by calling from BB so far it's much more likely that resteals with weaker holdings are in his arsenal. Just blindly reading hud and saying "ok he has not 3bet so far" is bad style. Because point is how much HU hands you usually get in single game? 10? 20? How well can we define his 3bet approach from that? Is it not quite easily possible for him to have wide enough 3bet range but he just haven't got hand for that in few earlier possibilities?

If villain has been nitty enough we can definitely take approach to try and grind him down by constant steals and small pot poker. But still raise-folding ATo with 16bb is going to dangerous territory where we might be easily exploited.