100% first deposit bonus on FTP

• Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      I have a free bankroll for FTP and today i am clearing the 50$ bonus so i have a BR of 100+ (50$ starting + 50$ bonus + profit).

When i signed up at FTP i saw something of a 100% first deposit bonus but now i can't see anything from it.

Is this still valid or is this only available the first few days? Do you get the 100% at the moment you do your deposit or is it like the 50$ bonus so i have to clear it by playing raked hands?

What about rakeback? I get 27% rakeback but will that also count when i get the 100% deposit bonus?

A bit comfused here...
  • 11 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Passero,

As long as you signed up to FullTilt poker with the PokerStrategy code then yes the 100% bonus is still applicable.

It is not an instant bonus but you will need to clear it via earning FTP points as you did with the starting capital.

As for rakeback, as far as im aware the clearing of a bonus does have an affect on the rakeback amount that you will recieve.

Here is a link that will help answer your questions.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      Thanks, that indead answered all my questions :)

But still 1 thing is not really clear. Why do you want to clear a bonus if you have 27% rakeback?

I did a small check and 27% of the rake i got so far is more than i got from the bonus so the bonus is subtracted from the rake. Why do i even bother to clear a bonus if i get the same amount with rakeback?

The 100% first deposit bonus doesn't look that good because it's also subtracted from the rake...
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by Passero
      Thanks, that indead answered all my questions :)

But still 1 thing is not really clear. Why do you want to clear a bonus if you have 27% rakeback?

I did a small check and 27% of the rake i got so far is more than i got from the bonus so the bonus is subtracted from the rake. Why do i even bother to clear a bonus if i get the same amount with rakeback?

The 100% first deposit bonus doesn't look that good because it's also subtracted from the rake...
      You have to clear the bonus in time because there is a expiry date on the bonus dollars. At ftp think its 120 days. Once you have cleared that 100% bonus nothing will be subtracted from your rakeback. Think all rakeback sites subtract the first deposit bonus dollars from the rakeback.

The 100% first depositors bonus is a great deal. If you deposit the maximum its $600 for free plus your rakeback you will be getting after that is completed.
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      ok thx.

I'm planning on making a 250$ deposit. DO i have to enter the PS code again in the bonus or will it automaticly be marked as first deposit bonus?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Passero,

As long as you entered the PokerStrategy code of PSVIP when you created the account, then it will be automatically recognised for you and the $250 bonus will be added to your bonus account.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      so i deposited 250$ but i can't see any bonus from it. It's definitly my first deposit and i registered with the PS code (i got the 50$ BR+50$ bonus).

Is it normal that i don't see the bonus for my first deposit and does it take a few hours before i can see the bonus in my bonusses or what happend?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Passero,

I think i found the problem. After checking on the site i found out that to get your starting capital at FT you use the code PS150 but to get the 100% FDB yu need to register the acount with the code PSVIP.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      crap... does it also mean i don't get the 27% rakeback? I really don't like that idea....
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Passero,

As far as im aware, you should still be ok for the 27% rakeback with the PS150 code.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      ah ok, than it's not that bad i guess :)
      As long as i get the 27% rakeback it's ok.

I guess i will notice it in a week if i get rakeback or not... unless a mod can confirm it i will get the rakeback?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Passero
      ah ok, than it's not that bad i guess :)
      As long as i get the 27% rakeback it's ok.

I guess i will notice it in a week if i get rakeback or not... unless a mod can confirm it i will get the rakeback?

Hi Passero,

My understanding is that both of the PokerStrategy codes used on Full Tilt entitle players to rakeback, so you should be fine. For security reasons, only PokerStrategy support (& head admins) have access to your personal details, so I am not able to confirm for definate at this stage.

Please note however that you are unlikely to receive any rakeback for the first few weeks due to the deduction of "value added" items from your net rakeback. Such things are:
      > the initial first deposit matching bonus
      > added value tournaments such as freerolls, 1 seat guaranteed/$5000 guaranteed (if buyins are less than the guarantee)
      > points spent in the store
      etc.

For further information on this, please check out the following link:

FAQ for Full Tilt

If you still haven't received any rakeback after having cleared the bonus, you can contact the PokerStrategy support team for assistance, but please wait until a week or so after the bonus is cleared first as it usually comes through automatically.

Hope this helps, any problems or further questions, don't hesitate to post.

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: Oh and just looking back through this thread, again my understanding is that your initial $50 from PokerStrategy is treated as your first deposit on FTP, hence the matching $50+50. Don't forget the first depositors freeroll though if you do deposit additional funds yourself. I managed to cash in mine which all helps the BR :)