This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] River decision

• MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em €0,02/€0,05
      PokerStars
      5 players

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG (€3,80) vpi 52 pfr6 fold to c bet on flop 33 turn + river 0 wts 47%
      CO - CO (€6,12)
      BTN - BTN (€7,21)
      SB - Hero (€6,12)
      BB - BB (€5,33)

Preflop: (€0,07, 5 players) Hero is SB with A:spade: J:heart:
      UTG calls €0,05, CO calls €0,05, 1 fold, Hero raises to €0,20, 1 fold, UTG calls €0,15, CO calls €0,15

Flop: T:club: J:club: T:spade: (€0,65, 3 players)
      Hero bets €0,41, UTG calls €0,41, CO calls €0,41

Turn: 6:spade: (€1,88, 3 players)
      Hero bets €1,19, UTG calls €1,19, 1 fold

River: 7:club: (€4,26, 2 players)
      Hero bets €1,00, UTG raises to €2,00 (all-in), Hero calls €1,00

Total Pot: €8,26
      UTG shows 3:club: 9:club: (a flush, Jack high)
      Hero shows A:spade: J:heart: (two pair, Jacks and Tens)

UTG wins €7,85

Anyway, i think the villain hadn't a T or a full house, because he was playing passive. So i think that he
      a) was fishing for the FD
      b) a PP that he hopes to be enough to win
      c)or, since his WTS % is high, there may be a chance the villain may have some higher card that he is hoping to get or a worst J (less likely i think)

OTR decision:
      Should i just check/fold since the river card completes a st8 (i failed to miss it during the play) a fd and also because of the double T?
      Since i raised is the river call acceptable or is it just a waist of €€?

i was kinda tilted because of a beat i had earlier, so im afraid that it might have blurred my judgement.
  • 10 replies
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      As played, he called limp pf, I like to go for max value. He can check river behind often with 99, 88- I think that hands can still just call pf, cause fish - Jx.
      Raise..He beats us almost all times but I think, we should have to call it. It's just 1:7.
      I like all sizings.

But wait for more answers.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Vs 2 limpers I would raise bigger preflop.
      On river straight and flush are possible and the board is paired, so we should be folding.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      A:spade: J:heart: squeezing just if I know opponents have a good % to fold to it.
      I think the hand was played as an over bluff instead per value in a multiway pot! Even overpairs weren't playing well in this situation.
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      Easy fold for me otr, that's the nuts move villain does 😊
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Silver
      Bigger sizing OTT for max. protection against FDs and SDs.

I dont see a value bet OTR. Weaker jacks shouldnt call over 3 streets but also checking behind.

Otherwise there can be some busted draws bluffing the river. Keep those in villains range.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      What do you think about calling PF? Cause very common fishy UTG calls and than call other player. And we have big 3way pot oop s non suited hands, just with high cards. I would like to hit flop and than got max value from Ax / Jx hands.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      We do not want a multiway pot with our hand. The call of the limp is not right.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      River is an easy fold, because both the straight and the flush completes. I think we can check/fold river.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nitrol
      We do not want a multiway pot with our hand. The call of the limp is not right.
      Okey, but what do you think about that reason that I have written?
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      You should raise big and try to thin the field. If they both call you still have 2 high cards and can hit or outplay them. There are favourable boards that you can attack.