This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] AKo low flop 3bet pot

• juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $6.38 (127.6 bb)
      BB: $8.63 (172.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.06 (101.2 bb) 24/20/H:83
      MP: $4.27 (85.4 bb) 32/23/H:82
      CO: $7.39 (147.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.70 (114 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Kc: :Ah:
      UTG raises to $0.15, MP raises to $0.52, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.65, 3 folds, MP calls $1.13

Flop: ($3.52) :9d: :7h: :6s: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $4.05, MP calls $2.62 and is all-in

Turn: ($8.76) :Jc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($8.76) :4h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

What range would you assign to him? Is it better to ship it in OTT or OTF? Is my squeeze size too big IP?
  • 2 replies
    • xiaohetao
      xiaohetao
      Platinum
      It was a cold 4bet instead of squeeze. Assuming you wanted everyone to fold with weaker hands and win the pot immediately, I think your size was OK.

After you 4bet to that size, you were already pot committed vs this medium stacked opponents. I don't worry too much about his range otf anymore. With AK, 1. it was possible you have the best hand here 2. you have two overcards. I would just jam like how you played.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      MP 3b vs UTG is going to be the tightest 3b range (aside from sb 3b vs utg) you will face in 6 max. This is usually TT+, AQs+, KQs and maybe a bluff or two with some suited wheel ace.

I prefer to call here pre and play a pot. You have a nice equity advantage vs. his Ax (assuming he bluffs some wheel aces), can out-flop KK, slight dog to QQ-TT and dominate KQs (if that is even in his range). You still have UTG reggish looking player in the pot so I can see why you want to raise here but he isn't likely to call in this spot plus you have position and can get away if he ships and MP calls.

I like this play better with AKs since you will have about 3-4% better equity vs. this tight range. Also, you can size down some if 4bet is your option and give yourself some more wiggle room.