This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Dont waste Money with JJ

• 4 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Just call a 3bet on microstakes. Because the people dont 4bet enough.
      So when you see a 5bet then you will run mostly in QQ+.
    • la55i
      la55i
      For me TT would be a call. JJ is another story and that I would already consider 4betting. CptJokerFish said that people don't 4bet enough, which is probably true, but doesn't matter since we are the one 4betting here. I don't know if he meant people don't 3bet enough but since we are talking about BTN vs CO I would say they already 3bet decent amount and JJ should do well. What people don't do is 5bet bluff, if villain shoves his range is most likely QQ+,AK and then it would be very close if we can stack off with JJ or not. If we assume we are just 100bb deep, villain 3bets to 9bb and we 4bet to something like 22bb, then we probably can't call a shove.

So how I would play these hands on CO vs BTN 3bet is:
      TT --> call
      JJ --> 4bet and often fold vs a shove.

And no, we having to fold vs a shove sometimes doesn't mean the 4bet would have been bad.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      CptJokerFish said that people don't 4bet enough, which is probably true, but doesn't matter since we are the one 4betting here.
      Yes sry my mistake. But I would still perfer to call the 3bet with JJ. i guess that we can generate a higher EV because the people over fold probably on microstakes vs. 4bets. So maybe ist bettet to Call so that we can play more Postflop. But I dont know maybe im wrong. I have started to play cash game again ~1 1/2 month ago.
      At least i could climb up in this time from NL5 to NL20 but anyway NL20 is also still pretty low so im still a Fish. ^_^
      But im happy with this result so far.
    • la55i
      la55i
      When I get home from work I could check if I have some fold to 4bet stats in my population analysis.
      Calling JJ might not be bad but there are some things that are troubling me. First one is that BTN could 3bet CO with a wider range and JJ could easily be strong enough to start 4betting there. Then If we just call, our hand is a bit vulnerable because there are 3 overcards. Villain's range is also uncapped and has QQ+ in his range. The last thing is that we will be OOP postflop. I'm not sure if we really want to play more postflop OOP in a big pot. So, if we think about a situation where our range is capped and villains is not, villain holds initiative and is in position. That doesn't sound very profitable spot to me, but this is ofc just my hunch at the moment.