[NL2-NL10] NL6 SB vs BB very agressive

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $1042,20
      Hero:
      $135,30

3,00/6,00 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: , T:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $12,00, Hero raises to $21,00, BB folds, BU calls $9,00.

Kelisitaan
        19/17/3.8/26/19k
        ATS BU 69%
        vs 3-bet 65% fold 11% raise

I try to 3-bet light. normaly 2x but I want to see how light I can get with enough FE

Flop: ($48,00) 8:heart: , Q:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $27,00, BU raises to $54,00, Hero raises to $114,30 (All-In), BU folds.

I see in his range many draws. He will 4-bet Strong Hands Preflop, like KQ+.
        I am not sure if this 3-bet on the Flop is good or just a silly bluff. But it is very interesting that he fold. How would you interpret this hand?

Final Pot: $216,30
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      a minraise against a SSp being OOP is a great tool to see where a player is at against this guy. a SSp cannot call a minR so if he has the goods, he shoves. If not SSp will fold bearing in mind the probability of getting something of the flop and other factors like cbet % etc.

He probably calls with every logical holding that will call so he bluffraised you with no pair no draw imo

Would you 3bet bigger preflop against this guy for the sake that he called your min3bet?
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi allizdor,

I dont think you generate any fold equity against him with such a small raise you get into a spot which he wants, he wants to play against you ip and outplay you post flop.
      Raise bigger or call but dont try this min3bets. you should start defending passive against him ip and when you feel comfortable try oop.

Postflop standard broke imo
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      I feel that these min-3-bets generate a very high FE, perhaps not against Keli, he dont like SSp, obvious.

I dont like a bigger 3-bet then 4BB because then I commit myself. He will 4-bet many Hands and I have to call with nearly any two, when I need less then 40% EQ (20BB Stack and 4BB resteal => 40% EQ to call)

Most of the peoply dont call my 3-bet. And when they call I have a very high Cbet success on the Flop, perhaps they didnt adapt right yet.

Calling is also a option, but then I have to move from time to time. Of course I/we have to mix up our game a little, so that the others cant adapt as easy as they want to us.

But my question is still open. Why does he raise/fold Flop? He just need 22% EQ. He can call with nearly Everthing, so do you think he will c/r with any two this spot?
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      think about it and you can answer it by yourself, he has definitely not folded a draw or a pair.