This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AQ Cbet minraised

• snaker3
      snaker3
      Silver
      FR! shuould I call in or fold?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $31,90
      MP3:
      $24,75

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 3:diamond: , 5:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, MP3 raises to $3,00, Hero calls $1,50.

Turn: ($8,35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, MP3 raises to $20,75 (All-In), [I][COLOR=grey] Hero -?
  • 6 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      I think maybe you should fold on the flop.

A cbet is essentially a bluff. For him to minraise he probably has some hand. And since you are behind almost every hand I see no reason to continue.

Edit:
      As played I think turn is a fold as well. You have at best 9 spades, 2 aces and 3 queens for outs which is 14 outs. Which is roughly 30% chance to hit.

You have to call $15 to win $50. Which is also roughly 30%.

However the fact that the guy is playing so aggressively probably suggests that some of our outs aren't good.

Worst case he already has a made flush with the A :spade: or K :spade: in which case we are drawing dead.

Or if he has a set we are playing with 8 outs because our overcards are no good.

I don't know how to use equilator to set up when he only holds one spade but I think our equity is pretty bad against any range that pushes there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold flop, no point to continue.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Fold on the flop. You are OOP. IP I might consider to call minraise and reevaluate the turn.

On the turn, you must fold after he shoves. However, since he is agressive, I would take c/c line (if I have good odds with his bet) since you have flush draw (and he is very agressive - but still you have only 14 hands on him) and reevaluate the river.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      Fold on the flop. You are OOP. IP I might consider to call minraise and reevaluate the turn.

On the turn, you must fold after he shoves. However, since he is agressive, I would take c/c line (if I have good odds with his bet) since you have flush draw (and he is very agressive - but still you have only 14 hands on him) and reevaluate the river.
      +1
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze

+2
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by nttflox

+2
      +3