SSS profitable on Ipoker??

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I've been playing SSS on Ipoker for around 15k hands and I'm down about $25 in my BR while unlocking about $40-$50 of bonus's so down like $65-$75. I'm confident about my play, posting some hands watching videos, re reading articles etc. NL10 was a piece of cake there, but now I've moved up to NL20 and I'm just getting spanked, and frankly I'm not sure what to do. It seems the tables are just WAY too tight for this to be profitable, I'm really not sure what to do, so was looking for someone who is/has been playing NL20 on ipoker who might have something to say on the subject.
  • 19 replies
    • sebalpda
      sebalpda
      Bronze
      Hi bro, i suggest you to learn SH. The real fishes like to play SH :) you see lots and lots of fishes and donks. I agree with you, FR tables are way to tight, SSS can be profitable but you have to modifie your stats a lot in order to win money, and, also, it would be just few money, i seriously suggest SH.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      SH BSS i'm guessing?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Because of this 2nd Starting Capital Promotion, there is way too much PokerStrategy's TAGs here :)
      Not only in NL...
    • sebalpda
      sebalpda
      Bronze
      Yeah, sorry, actually sss is playeable at sh and its profitable, but a bit risked.

But yes, i was saying you should play BSS SH, its a gold mine.
    • bobaol
      bobaol
      Global
      SSS can be as profitable as SH if you do it well. From this viewpont ipoker is special, because the tables as you already recognised too tight. Because of this important to steal blinds and resteals against the steals.

And it's very important: not every player with small stack is an SSS player! Simply the default value on ipoker the smallest stack, so the unexperienced folks just push the OK button.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Yes I know they are not all SSS, I never mentioned size of stacks I don't believe. Just that they're too tight. I often have at my table only 1 or 2 people at most with a vpip > 10 which is making it quite difficult although I'm not sure if the time of the day has anything to do with it. Do you have any experience with SSS SH? If so I'd be quite interested to hear about it
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I have been grinding iPoker SSS for the last two months.
      I was losing to begin with and it took me a while of analysing my hands and adjusting my game before it became a steady (if unspectacular) winner.
      Table selection was probably the biggest factor.
      It is really rare to find a table that is ideal for SSS on iPoker ATM, so I cut down the number of tables I was playing and only played tables if I could get in a good position, quickly leaving if (as they very often do) the table suddenly bacame full of TAG SSS players.
      Also, I learned to pay a lot of attention to the stats and actually lay down hands if other players showed strength.
      ATM on iPoker it pays to respect a raise unless you have a read or stats saying that they are a bit loose.
      Usually when I raise everyone just folds (unless I am stealing LOL). I have to get on a table where I have identified some fish and work on them to do anything more than just beat the blinds and rake on iPoker ATM.
      It might not be that profitable but my game has improved a lot because of the challenge iPoker presents at the moment, I expect it is not great for the BSS players either.
      D_
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Yes I know they are not all SSS, I never mentioned size of stacks I don't believe. Just that they're too tight. I often have at my table only 1 or 2 people at most with a vpip > 10 which is making it quite difficult although I'm not sure if the time of the day has anything to do with it. Do you have any experience with SSS SH? If so I'd be quite interested to hear about it
      Time of day is very important, Ive seen times where there are only "pros" but most of the time its bearable. And some rare times where ppl are throwing away money.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Dadude,

I am also trying to release the 2nd SC + bonus in Mansion with SSS. It's been really tough. And I'm playing NL10. It seems weekends and night time (American time) are better. I'm down about $30 so far. I'll surely not play SSS in Ipoker after this experience, I just want to release my bonus, withdraw my money and leave.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      dandy I'm the same. Although on NL10 i only played about... 500-600 hands, but was up from the $50 to about $100, when i took an early shot at NL20.. I took off there that first night, making about $150 (with a release of bonus in about the first 2k hands). Since then... I've been down and down, not sure where the loose players at all the tables have gone since then lol. But i'm missing it :D although at about 5k MCP i think, almost there :D . A week or so if i get to play and I'LL BE GONE :D
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I also have problems with table selection. When playing the max number of tables, with the ipoker software you cant really be meddling around too much looking for tables, I just get in lines for the ones with the biggest vpip. Would it be better to go for ones with biggest average pot?
    • JTringer
      JTringer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      I've been playing SSS on Ipoker for around 15k hands and I'm down about $25 in my BR while unlocking about $40-$50 of bonus's so down like $65-$75. I'm confident about my play, posting some hands watching videos, re reading articles etc. NL10 was a piece of cake there, but now I've moved up to NL20 and I'm just getting spanked, and frankly I'm not sure what to do. It seems the tables are just WAY too tight for this to be profitable, I'm really not sure what to do, so was looking for someone who is/has been playing NL20 on ipoker who might have something to say on the subject.
      so loosen up....or buy in for more and play properly, even though theres like 4 bloody shortstacks at every table
    • CDVik
      CDVik
      Bronze
      I have just recently switched from SNGs on Mansion to SSS on Mansion and while it is true that the tables (at first glance) doesn't really fit the design for perfect tables for SSS (a lot of shortstacks) but even then I am leaving my sessions with profit when playing the ABC beginner SSS.

I tend not to look too much at the table before sitting down because they (as said) don't look lie they should.
      I just fire up 4-6 tables of NL10 and start playing. Even without real reads and stats of any kind I walk away from at least 90% of my tables with a profit.

Over 3 days (not a big sample I know) of playing SSS I have taken my crippled $23 bankroll to a "whopping" $41 which might not seem like much but with me being only 3 days into my SSS adventure and already having doubled my BR it imo is ok.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Hm well i'm moved over to stars now. seems quite alot better :D If you have the chance I'd reccomend it! Huge number of tables, huge number of fish :D
    • Poolcue
      Poolcue
      Bronze
      All of the shortstackers make the tables unplayable.I am sure they are not all pokerstrategy but the games become dull.If there are more than 2 I berate them and move to another table.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Poolcue
      If there are more than 2 I berate them and move to another table.
      Only time there will be less than 2 is on 50bb or full stack min tables :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      NL50 is okay, NL100 is meh, NL200 is okay

But it depends on the situation. The bigger the rake races on iPoker network, the more shorties imo on Midstakes :(
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      The micros are so sick there, shortstackers and nits it makes me want to vomit every time.

Hint: Look at Hasenbratens FAIL video from NL10 Titan BSS. He tried to beat the nits by being a nit rofl
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Definetely, guys there are just gods of human robots. I personally enjoy when I win with some not premium hand. It's just boring to me and hate them. I'll play only to regain my gold status and then will find some other way to keep my gold status on.