Any other Mac users?

• 14 replies
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      I am happily playing again on my Mac, right after Poker Copilot was released. I had switched to PC just for tracking software purposes, but now I just use it as an expensive DVD player. Copilot has still some limitations, but since Mac OS is so much more stable (no damn Blue Screens of Death) for the moment I will keep playing on the Mac.

Although there are other rooms compatible with Mac, Copilot only tracks Stars and Full Tilt.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I'm mac user, but now i play poker on windows through parallels desktop,
      About poker rooms, not much choices, my favorite is Pokerstars.
      As for poker tracking software there is a "poker copilot", use google and you'll find it, it gives 30 days trial as far as i remember it's tracker + hud. Didn't find any other good poker tracking software for macs.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I played with copilot. But now have been running boot camp with windows xp and elephant is alot better and got the free money on mansion.

Copilot sucks because you cant review the actual hands afterwards. But is good because you can play on the mac and imo pokerstars is alot faster and crisper on there than on windows.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I downloaded Poker Copilot. It seems decent, but not sure if its worth the money. I play on Full Tilt as well. I downloaded Pokerstars, but I'm not a fan of the layout and only plan to use it once my BR is a lot bigger and I can transfer some money there to play MTTs and such.

What do you guys think of Copilot? I haven't used the HUD yet, can't seem to get it to work. But the rest of it seems not bad. If I can get the HUD to work I think I might dish out the $50 to buy it.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Copilot had a problem yesterday, and the HUD wouldn't work on anyone. Check the blog, they have a link to download a corrected version. It works fine. It is actually pretty responsive; I multitabled 8 sng's yesterday in my old G4 laptop and it worked really good.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      dunno if its worth the money, the HUD is great, but not being able to review the hands after, was a big downer for me.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AquamanBT
      I am happily playing again on my Mac, right after Poker Copilot was released. I had switched to PC just for tracking software purposes, but now I just use it as an expensive DVD player. Copilot has still some limitations, but since Mac OS is so much more stable (no damn Blue Screens of Death) for the moment I will keep playing on the Mac.

Although there are other rooms compatible with Mac, Copilot only tracks Stars and Full Tilt.
      What blue screens are you talking about? They blue screen days are gone since windows 98, when mac was just a babychild comparison to microsoft windows. I've never ever had one using XP/Vista, for 5 years already.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Of course there is a blue screen at win XP...
      But mainly because of hardware problems.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Well, I did get a BSOD while playing in Vista, with a brand new piece of crap I bought just for playing poker. Of the 4 sng's I ended busted in 3 of them blinded out because of it. My Mac isn't Intel, so no Parallels, Bootcamp or VMWare.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Poker Tracker creators are working on PT3 version for mac's so i'd wait for it instead of buying Poker Copilot.
    • funjubulus
      funjubulus
      Bronze
      I've been using copilot and i'm not that keen. Seems they've been talking about PT3 for mac for ages now though. I'll probably go down the bootcamp route.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      rich guys :O
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      <double post>
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by funjubulus
      Seems they've been talking about PT3 for mac for ages now though. I'll probably go down the bootcamp route.
      They have upgraded from talking to screenshots:
      http://www.pokertracker.com/images/screens/PT3-Mac.png

The bootcamp route is a decent idea too. Vista runs really well on Mac hardware. Better than most people's PCs run it.