[NL2-NL10] NL20 AQ sb many limpers Don't hit flop

• dadude77
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.20, BU folds.

Flop: ($3.40) 5:club: , T:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.40 (All-In), MP2 calls $2.40.

Turn: ($8.20) 2:spade:
      River: ($8.20) 8:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $8.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (Ac Qh)
      MP2 shows a pair of threes (3c 3h)

MP2 wins with a pair of threes (3c 3h)

I think the cbet is pretty mandatory, im wondering with 3 limpers already, should i just instantly push preflop? Gerv was talking about something like this, about same thing but with 99, but i didnt really understand in which circumstances I would and which I wouldn't.

I was thinking here, especially since I'm sb, i know im going push the flop anyways. So maybe if I had a monster, AA's or KK's maybe I wouldn't to try to get action, but with something like AQ or a smaller pocket pair would it be better to push preflop? Hope to get some clarification from gerv here, thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hi DaDude,

It's really easy:

[1] When one sees 3+ limpers in front and [2] Hero has a <23BB stack: shove immediately preflop

Now you virtually give 3 free cards away and when you dont hit, you are mostly behind with 6 outs at most

Best regards,