elephant won't work

• raydoyle
      raydoyle
      Bronze
      elephant works perfectly on partypoker and titan but will not work on pokerstars and fulltilt,itjust says:" please check settings for the handhistory path".how do i change this setting?
  • 13 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey raydoyle,

Once Elephant is open, if you click on the elephant symbol in the top left corner of the screen, you can scroll down to Poker Portals (i think) and you can check the paths there.

Also make sure that the poker site is saving the hand histories to the correct file on your harddrive.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • raydoyle
      raydoyle
      Bronze
      hi bulldog,im useless with computers ,how do i do that?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey ray,

If you go to the main screen on Full Tilt then click on options, scroll down to options you will see the screen below and just make sure the box is ticked next to Save my Hand Histories.

It should roughtly be the same for PokerStars as well.

Hope this helps,
      -Steve
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raydoyle
      hi bulldog,im useless with computers ,how do i do that?
      +1

I'm also useless with computers and have attempted this... er.. 'fix' without success.

What are we checking for after we click the elephant, and what do we change afterwards..........and what what is the correct file on the hard drive?

Thanx in advance................cheers

(raydoyle, you 'n me should start a club:- 'Internet Poker Players Who Know F%^& All About Computers)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Ok guys,

I'm going to do a sort of step by step post but it could be a long post so apologies upfront.

1. Open up Elephant and once the software has loaded then click on the Elephant Symbol in the Top Left Corner.

2. Then scroll down to Sites and click

3. Then click on Full Tilt for example and then click on the edit button

4. You will then see a screen with the Path History on the right hand side.....

.....just make sure the box next to the Activate autoimport is ticked and that the hand history matches with the full tilt one. Also make sure your poker room screen name is entered there as well.

Hope this helps guys,
      -Steve
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Thanx Steve i'll try this when I get home, I think I have done these steps though.

As an aside, on the Stars tables the little black box above the dealer appears, but no stats because obviuosly hands are not being imported, but this at least proves that Elephant and Stars are in some sort of contact.

cheers Andy
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Andy,

It could be that the hand histories locations are not the same on PokerStars and Elephant, i.e. PokerStars is saving the hand histories to one file and Elephant is looking in a differant file.

Just an idea though.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      SO you knew this was coming.......................... :D

How do I check that? (yes I really am phukin useless at this)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      :D

Follow the step by step guide above on elephant and just choose PokerStars instead of Full Tilt

then for PokerStars, on the main screen click on the Opyions tab in the main menu, then scroll down to Instant Hand Histories and click, and a screen will come up showing

Just make sure the two hand history locations are the same.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • raydoyle
      raydoyle
      Bronze
      steve,the files on fulltilt and pokerstars have a different name to the files in the elephant,did you have to change the folder on pokerstars because i can't work out how to do it
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey ray,

Just change the file locations on Elephant to match PokerStars and Full Tilt and that should solve it mate.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Hi Steve........................guess what?

I got the B$%^^er to work on Stars!

Thanx for your help

Cheers

Andy :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      No worries andy,

Glad i could be of some help to you.

Regards,
      -Steve