This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Making 3K€ with 100€ until the end of year with part-time poker in order to afford full-time poker

• coolionomore
      coolionomore
      Basic
      Hi!

I am 24 years old factory worker and I would like to get rid of my current job. Earlier I used to play poker, now I got some money and I will try to make enough money to have for playing.

I will play mostly 3.5$ 6max turbo sit and goes. If I start with loosing I will have to play 1.5$. I will not reload and if I lose poker will have to wait or I will find some staker. I will write here short updates because I barely have time for playing with those factory hours. I will put graphics and my goal will be 60 games per day for at least 20 days per month.

I am tired of nightshifts and standing for 8 hours doing the terribly boring job and being paid just enough to survive so wish me a luck and I hope I will be writing here on 31st of December :f_drink:
  • 6 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Welcome to blog and nice to see someone playing non spin sng games. 100€ will be only around 40bins for those games which is really aggressive BRM and will have decently high risk of ruin. Especially if your edge is not decent. Personally I would recommend smaller ones at least if you don't have profitable history with sng.

How many tables are you planning to play? 1200 games per month is quite a lot while having 8h work. Setting goals is fine but it's always better to make realistic ones that can give feeling of success. Lot of poker players make absurdly optimistic goals...

Have personally done some manufacture line work that doesn't require thinking and it sure can get boring as hell. In some of cheaper to live countries it's probably plausible to live with small stake games decently well.
    • coolionomore
      coolionomore
      Basic
      Hey, thank you for your advice. I agree with you totally about everything, but its all the bankroll I have and I want to try to get as soon as possible on some limit where I can make around 400-500e per month. I have some experience from a couple of years back.

I plan to play 6 to 8 tables so I need around 4 to 6 hours a day.

Well, I see that you know the pain! :D I am from Bosnia, I used to work on Princess Cruises and now I am stuck in this factory and I have to find my way out. :)

Just to mention, I played only 26 games so far and had a nice run with 50$ up. I will put graphics after each week, so the first update with graph will be on July 13th.

And do you know something about this new system on Pokerstars, I heard and now I see those chests but I don't know how it works and what % of cash back can I expect?

GL!
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      Dont expect any cashback :D .

Lower your expectations to minimum so you wont get disappointed. Nowadays you need to actually beat the limits to make profits. Rakeback at PS is dead.

Edit: To answer your questions after all - The chest would give you between 3-7% depending whether you are a cash depositor or not (whether you lose money and deposit again or you win money and withdraw, thus weakening the poker economy). So, the biggest loser you are - the biggest rakeback
    • coolionomore
      coolionomore
      Basic
      Originally posted by Sunrise1912

Lower your expectations to minimum so you wont get disappointed. Nowadays you need to actually beat the limits to make profits. Rakeback at PS is dead.

Edit: To answer your questions after all - The chest would give you between 3-7% depending whether you are a cash depositor or not (whether you lose money and deposit again or you win money and withdraw, thus weakening the poker economy). So, the biggest loser you are - the biggest rakeback

Fantastic! :)
      Yes, I understand. Do you know about any other room with enough players to have at least 6 sng tables. I play only 6max turbo. I checked party poker but they mostly have 50 50s. Where is good rakeback and action for sngs? :)
    • coolionomore
      coolionomore
      Basic
      Time for a first graph. I am not happy with the number of tournaments but I had a really nice run! Will do my best to improve my hours of playing. I just had a very tough week at the factory.

https://i.gyazo.com/42bfc1590c203791a8420f03453a3797.png

Now I have some kind of bankroll, hope I won't bust it. :)
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by coolionomore
      Originally posted by Sunrise1912

Fantastic! :)
      Yes, I understand. Do you know about any other room with enough players to have at least 6 sng tables. I play only 6max turbo. I checked party poker but they mostly have 50 50s. Where is good rakeback and action for sngs? :)
      Hi if you give me your skype name then I can help you to find a good room with good rakeback.
      Normally I would not give these informations to people that i dont know because more Regs on my site is also not good for me.
      But ok in your situation i would make a exception.