MP1 ($74.49)
      MP2 ($10.79)
      MP3 ($52.58)
      Hero (CO) ($59.70)
      BTN ($46.50)
      SB ($37.42)
      BB ($50.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is CO 8:spade: 7:spade:
      5 folds, Hero bets $2, 2 folds, BB bets $5.75, Hero calls $4.25.

Flop: A:spade: 5:club: J:spade: ($12.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50.

Turn: K:club: ($31.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $20, Hero folds

I called preflop because he is defending his blind with wide range. What do you think about the call preflop? And what do you think about the postflop play, should I have raised on flop?
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop is so close, since 87s has a pretty bad playability here as you notice yourself even when you hit a good flop.

I think if you make that call pfr, you need to be able to raise the flop and possibly get it in right there when you do get your flushdraw (once you raise the flop bet you can't fold anymore).
      Calling kind of blows, you don't have the odds and he's not likey to open himself up for a float on that board (A or J kind of hits him).

I'd just fold preflop ^^
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      If you call his 3-bet preflop, you must go broke on flop. His bet on the flop is c-bet (with KK, QQ or with AK or other wide range which is likely for defending his blind), so you have much fold equity when you raise him to $30. If he shoves, you call (because of good pot odds) and will win 1 of three times (many times you win the pot directly).

If you do not want to go broke on such a flop, do not call with 78s preflop his 3-bet. You cannot hope for 3 spaced on the flop or 88x or something like taht. The flop in this case is "your hit".
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      If you call his 3-bet preflop, you must go broke on flop. His bet on the flop is c-bet (with KK, QQ or with AK or other wide range which is likely for defending his blind), so you have much fold equity when you raise him to $30. If he shoves, you call (because of good pot odds) and will win 1 of three times (many times you win the pot directly).

If you do not want to go broke on such a flop, do not call with 78s preflop his 3-bet. You cannot hope for 3 spaced on the flop or 88x or something like taht. The flop in this case is "your hit".
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      1) so which hands do you call here pf.?

2) why not shove flop directly?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      1) so which hands do you call here pf.?

2) why not shove flop directly?
      1) Depends what is 3-bet range is. Open pokerstove and then just choose tighter hand range (87s is fine to defend, although I would likely just fold).
      2) Would you shove flop directly with set, AJ, AK?- if not then you can´t shove flop with flushdraw, since your hand isn´t balanced with nuts and draw.