This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PLO 10 -- Should I bet the River for Value?

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Omaha

No clue what to do , so just bet...
      And sorry, this is the only way at present that I can get hand histories...

Pre-flop: The hand seemed far too good to fold, and with $0.50 in the pot, I was getting 6:1 to complete.
      Flop: No-one raised pre, so I think I can eliminate AA, and perhaps AK from villains ranges.
      FDs are strong possibility, and I have quite a weak one. Broadway draws are possible.
      Turn & River Both are bricks. I bet the turn, since I did not want to give drawing hands a free card.

Question: Should I bet this turn for value? I can't think of what worse would call.

Cheers,
      VS
  • 5 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      Im fine with limping pre out of position.
      Pot and stackoff flop - you block sets and you have a ton of outs vs them and you freeroll the same top 2 pair. Plus the players in GGnetwork are so bad they would stackoff with top pair + gutshot.

When you get called twice and the turn is safe - pot again, you have the nuts! The only hand I can imagine they have that crushes you is something like 88xx with a nut draw or T966 which are soooo small in camparison to their wide range

Smaller bet OTR is ok to get a crying call from a K. If the river was heads up maybe you can bet really small or check to induce a bluff, but vs 2 you just value bet whatever you think they might find a call.

If I get raised OTR, Im not folding.
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Cant think anything worse that will call on the turn? :) There is like every possible draw in the universe out there, two FDs, almost every 4 cards have some straightdraw, worse 2prs with some of these draws to go with etc. Pot turn.
    • Bruno3000
      Bruno3000
      Silver
      pre:
      Nice Odds and the hand is strong enough to complete. No need to bet here.
      Flop:
      Top 2pair, medium FD, OESD with redraw
      also blocking the both straights and top and middle set.
      Dangerous are AQ (but we are blocking a T) and higher flushes (there are 4!) or 88.
      So c/r would be nice, if the table is very passive (wich seems so with all player limping)
      a bet is fine.
      But for protection esp. vs the flushes and combo draws we should bet bigger or even pot it .
      Same on the Turn.
      Small vbet on the River is fine also.

Greetz
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Limped pot, and you hit the flop. As it's such a small pot in actual money, you can just pot it. And then pot the turn, for the reasons nsavov and Steven said.

On the River you have almost always the best hand (if you had defined their range, you would know this) so go for value!
    • nidurrrr
      nidurrrr
      Bronze
      There is a very small portion of their range that has you crushed on the turn so bet again and big. There are a ton of draws on the turn cant imagine 2 opponents. FDs call you some straight draws call you

On the river bet small. They dont have any sets here generally except some Axcc22 type of hand so bet and bet small to get called by a worse 2 pair with cc or dd but river is deff a value bet