This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quick upswing reports - Post yours here

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to build a list of quick and objective upswing (and downswing) reports just to have a wide notion of what is possible within poker.
      By upswing I mean a period of time during which you present a higher win/rate than normal.

It seemed reasonable to organise the posts with this info:

1 - Limit and Strategy you play (BSS, SSS...), time experience (how long you've been playing for real, I mean studying and following the strategy), how many hands you have played in your career (at least a rough estimate).

2 - Upswing length in days, upswing length in hands played

3 - BB/100 hands and total BB (win/loss, in this case definitely win) overall.

4 - Do you attribute the upswing to anything in particular (too many fishes, your intuition is simply perfect =) etc)?

5- General remarks

** Please don't post sample hands here, let's keep it easy to read!

check the downswing version of this post also: Downsing reports.
  • 4 replies
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      I think im having a good upswing. One week straight winnings

Its so weird cause i started my college this week and im not having time for poker. But every set I play is a winning set. This week I started with $98 and went to $121 playing only $1 SnG Turbo. The last set was so siick. 4 games, 3 1st place
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I obviously had upswing which lasted almost 40 days. Now i have a sick 10 days break even headaching poker when i just win 100 and lose 150 to win 100 and lose 50 etc. frustrating /.

Is easy to have upswing when you hit nice hands which get payed.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I moved up to nl25 SH last night and I'm already 5 stacks up... and the profit even covers 4 horrendous bad beats one in which I flopped the nut straight and got the money in only to lose to runner runner flush. Otherwise I would have easily been 10 stacks up.

Around 2.7k hands played so far.

Not to mention I flopped my most beautiful hand ever so far... flopped a straight flush with 56s and got paid off by the nut flush :D

I did have a great run of cards though... definitely caught a lot of monsters and got paid off. So I won't get too big-headed for the time being, and I still have some adjusting to do for nl25's level of play.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Normally play BSS 10NL. BR down to $20 on 9 march from a peak of nearly $100 18 feb through a 50/50 combination of downswing and terrible play.

rebound BR to $40 through solid play 13/03 and 14/03 over about 1000 hands.

15/03 while waiting for NL10 tables waiting lists sit down on 50BB min NL20 table intending to play supernit to pass time... caught two stacks inside 3 hands (AK vs J2 who tried to push me off TPTK on dry board, JJ vs A9 who went broke flush chasing). 90% BR upswing in 2 minutes. Left table as planned when NL10 spot popped up a few minutes later.

Strong upswing continued back at regular NL10 (350 hands 16/17 march for +18.60 / ~50BB/100) and BR is at $98.

Obviously the upswing is largely attributed to a lucky situation of catching AK vs an idiot.