This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] QQ CO vs EP doesn't make sence call c-bet on A-low-low?

• Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      If I know that Villian is regular, does make sence to call flop?
      our hand: Qh - Qc
      flop: Ah - 4h - 5d
      [img]https://imgur.com/F59QycE[/img]

green: c-bet (ATs probably check sometimes - but it doesn't matter) - 44 comb
      red: c-bet semibluff - 6 comb
      - if he is reg, I can not find more blufs
  • 6 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      yes.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      yes.
      Why? :)
    • la55i
      la55i
      Why not? :)

All I get from this hand is that we have QQ in some position and we play postflop in a single raised/ 3bet/4bet/5bet pot who knows vs some villain in some position and the board has just one overcard and villain cbets something from minbet to overbet shove.

What else can I say that it would be quite standard to call one cbet with QQ when there is just one overcard.
    • JOAQUIMAPF
      JOAQUIMAPF
      Bronze
      mais QQ não é um top par?
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      Why not? :)
      Of course, I gonna call it! :) Here I am interesting why it's correct play.. And if I am searching the reason in ranges I can't find it as I wrote before.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I actually missed the positions you wrote in the topic. So I assume you are CO and UTG opens and you just call?
      Yea his cbets are quite value heavy. It might not be that bad though, he could check ATs and maybe some AJ hands and he could bluff with hands like 67s. But since villain is out of position and you block flush draws with your Qh, I think when he cbets he quite often has the ace. Now it depends a bit on villain type (is he aggro and cbets way too much) and his bet size. So in some situations vs some villains and big bet sizes you could actually just fold. But I think it is quite standard to call once here. You can justify that by "defending your ranges". QQ is quite high in your calling range and after AK,AQ (which you might 3bet most of the time) it is one of your best made hands.

You have to also keep in mind that even if you open 13% from UTG, the average person at the micros opens close to 17%.