Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $11.03
      Hero:
      $10.22

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4:club: , 4:spade:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) K:club: , T:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.00, CO folds.

Final Pot: $4.35

I felt he was blind stealing a little too much so I decided to float here, representing a flush or a T.
  • 7 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      nh.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      1. What amount of ORL stat indicates villain is stealing blinds with any A?
      (something like 22+, Ax, Axs, sc)

2. What amount of ORL stat indicates villain is stealing blinds with any K?
      (something like 22+, Ax, Axs, sc PLUS Kx, Kxs, 1 and 2-gap sc)

I have a hard time interpreting the ORL stat, and knowing what I can re-steal with. Maybe you guys can help me decide what to do in the blinds based on his ORL.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      ORL is the proportion of times the player will raise from late position (I believe CO, BU, SB, BB) as the first raiser, when given the opportunity (all folds or limps in front).

Basically it translates directly into the hand range that the player is willing to steal with. So where VPIP 30 is a very loose player and lets you know their approximate hand range to play with, ORL is the same - just for being first raiser from late position.

For your question, Ax+, 22+ and broadway is ORL 26.7%. Edit - Kx+ as well is ORL 37.25%.

A good stat for resteal I think is fold to 3bet %. If a player folds to 3bet more than 2/3 then you can resteal with pretty much anything regardless of their ORL stat.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I dont know where the "fold to 3bet" stat is on Elephant. I have the default expert stats hud layout atm. I asked in Elephant section but no answer yet I believe.

*Goes to see*
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      1. What amount of ORL stat indicates villain is stealing blinds with any A?
      (something like 22+, Ax, Axs, sc)
      Equilator is your friend!!! Just go into the hand range selector and play around with putting in some hands or out and see how many % it shows - you can also just type in the % in question and see which hands it corresponds to, and take out and put some hands in you think more likely.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You can also get handrange% out of Elephant via the hands filter.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      looks good to me.

concerning ORL stats: use equilator or stove to see what percentage includes what kinda hands. ;)

best regards,
      TribunCaesar