Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $15.07
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 8:heart:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.40) 9:spade: , T:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.20) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($4.80) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.40, Hero raises to $5.90, SB raises to $9.40, Hero raises to $7.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $21.80
  • 5 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      hope the minraise was a missclick.
      rest is fine.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      hope the minraise was a missclick.
      rest is fine.
      - My flop minraise is to probe and get info. I very rarely do this, but villain seemed like a good, thinking player. He could be c-betting with A high or something. I feel that with my minraise I also get some initiative and get ready for a possible float on turn.
      - When he checks such a drawy turn, I sense weakness and try to take the pot right there. He minraises, indicating a 9. So he is prob slowplaying me.
      - On river I complete my straight and since he is slowplaying, I can put him all in no problem. My minraise on flop kind of hides my hand a bit(more than it already is), since most people would just call down a draw.

What are the flaws in this line of thinking?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      As played I am probably checking behind on the turn for a free look at my OESD... I used to attack alot against percieved steals and try and push people off alot of hands... but on micro its generally a poor play as everyone is a station.

SB looks loose-passive (even though only 94 hand sample)... so trying to bluff him off a hand is probably a bad proposition.

I am playing this call / check flop, call / check turn, bet / shove river. I am thinking SB will shove with me with trip 9s and overpairs for sure and sometimes TPGK, and at worst with SB's half pot bet line its costing me 60c to see from flop to river instead of $2.10. If SB is completely stupid and checks turn after we call flop we get to see two chances to pewpew his entire stack for 20c :)

Many loose-passive players will slowplay for cents while they are in front then play for stacks after you hit your draw.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      As played I am probably checking behind on the turn for a free look at my OESD... I used to attack alot against percieved steals and try and push people off alot of hands... but on micro its generally a poor play as everyone is a station.

SB looks loose-passive (even though only 94 hand sample)... so trying to bluff him off a hand is probably a bad proposition.

I am playing this call / check flop, call / check turn, bet / shove river. I am thinking SB will shove with me with trip 9s and overpairs for sure and sometimes TPGK, and at worst with SB's half pot bet line its costing me 60c to see from flop to river instead of $2.10. If SB is completely stupid and checks turn after we call flop we get to see two chances to pewpew his entire stack for 20c :)

Many loose-passive players will slowplay for cents while they are in front then play for stacks after you hit your draw.
      I agree with everything you posted, thanks a lot. By betting and raising, Im prob just giving him my chips.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      just call the flop bet. raising for information is bruning money most of the times. check behind turn for free river. Riverplay is fine.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar