This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Meaning stats and their exploitation

• Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Hi, we have many stats in HUD, but do we know really how to use all of them? lets started..

AF (aggresion factor) = (bets + raises) / calls
      AFq (aggression frequency) = (raises + bets) / (raises + bets + calls + folds) [%]

1. qustion: Where we have calls?
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Willy411,

I don't use a HUD personally, but I'll move this to our 'No Limit' board where the more statistically minded live.

Regards

Laz
    • la55i
      la55i
      I could try to answer, but I really don't understand the question.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Silver
      Originally posted by Willy411
      Hi, we have many stats in HUD, but do we know really how to use all of them? lets started..

AF (aggresion factor) = (bets + raises) / calls
      AFq (aggression frequency) = (raises + bets) / (raises + bets + calls + folds) [%]

1. qustion: Where we have calls?
      I didn't get your question.

Honestly, I just use the AF to check if I could've been playing some streets too passively.
      I think it's normal that AF flop > AF turn > AF river, but values lower than 2 could indicate a problem.

Of course looking only at those values won't tell you the whole story...
    • clovenhoofsdoom
      clovenhoofsdoom
      Silver
      I mostly use only stats like VPIP and PFR to make a guess about what I can expect - is he a maniac, a callingstation, TAG, NIT?

And as well 3bet preflop (8% overall is ok, less is on the tight site and more is on the maniac-ish side), and - less frequently - Cbet stat.

There is a whole bunch of specific stats that can be very helpful in certain spots but I do not have that many hands on Villains, so almost all of them are pretty useless. I do have stats for Bet IP vs missed Cbet, Bet OOP Turn vs missed Cbet (but then again, if I do not cbet, its for a reason, so the use of this stats is in my gameplan limited to slowplay monsters) - and many more.

I can recommend the new video series of DocLemon about Hand2Note, which is a free HUD-tool (if you use it up to NL 25) which gives you huge possibilities for creating your own, personal HUD. You can try this program and just play around with it and the stats. This helped me understand the use of many stats, because I just thought about them and played around with many stats.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Yes, it should have been, "where we have checks".. cause we can see all other action but actually not checks.
    • clovenhoofsdoom
      clovenhoofsdoom
      Silver
      Check is not an aggressive move in the sense, that you create foldequity. So it makes perfect sense that it doesn't show up in the numerator. But since it is a frequency, it is clearly a mistyped formula. Checks should influence the denominator I guess. You should ask the programcoders if this exact formula is used in the code.