Hello everyone

• darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Few days ago I got my starting capital from here and started playing in pokerstars. I'm quite inexperienced in poker so I hope you will help me :)

I have some questions, maybe you will be able to answer them to me :)

Why I don't see my avatar when playing, someone told me that all avatars must be verified by moderators, but it's already 4th day I'm playing there.

NOw the second question is a bit harder, in which limit should I be playing, just when I started playing I got a series of bad beats and now I have only a bit more than 40$ :(

In which limit should I be playing?
      0,01/0,02 is maybe a bit silly and I go to table with 50BB, so not only rake is eating me, but also super silly players, and the thing that it's neither SSS neither BSS

0,02/0,05 minimum buy in is 2$, so I have only 20 buy ins and also I would be forced to go to table with 40 BB to table which is also neither SSS neither BSS

0,05/0,1 minimum buy in is also 2$ so I would also be playing against bankroll management tips, but I would be playing with 20BB which is the right amount to play using SSS

So help me to choose :)

Another question, maybe pokerstrategy is making some freerolls in pokerstars?

well I hope this is not too much questions :D
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello darkishbet,

First of all welcome to pokerstrategy and congratulations on passing the test.

As for your questions, i'll do my best to answer them for you.

1) As regards your avatar then sometimes you have to tick a box in the options i think to show avatars or they are still verifying it.

2) I would recommend that you stick to the SSS by playing on NL10 (0.05/0.10) but make sure you stick to the starting hand chart and dont play any hands that are not on there.

Also i would advise you to read and re-read the articles again and watch the videos available too. Also you can attend IngolMax's coaching session on a Friday where you ask any questions that you may have as well as watch the SSS in action so to speak.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g

Also i would advise you to read and re-read the articles again and watch the videos available too. Also you can attend IngolMax's coaching session on a Friday where you ask any questions that you may have as well as watch the SSS in action so to speak.

Regards,
      -Steve
      +1 Couldn't agree more, great advice.

IngolMax is an excellent coach and his sessions are a great & fun way to start out on sss.

Welcome to PokerStrategy darkishbet,

Wishing you every success.

Bart
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Well thanks for advice, I will try to tune in IngolMax's coaching session if I will have time, I hope that I will manage to be profitable player :)