This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] AK in BB vs 94 suited SB

• NeilM9502
      NeilM9502
      Bronze
      Just played a pretty gross hand. Still learning the game, but have reasonable experience.
      I had about $220 in stack at start of hand was in BB. Other guy had a little over $700.
      Play folds around to him in the small blind and he completes, I have AK and raise to $12, he calls.
      Flop A-9-4. He bets $10, I raise to $25, he calls.
      Turn is another 4. He checks. I bet a little under half pot $30. He tanks for a little and then raises all-in, I snap called.
      He rolls over 94 suited for a full house.

Really mad at myself for not thinking my call over longer. Definitely looking back feel like when the board pairs and he raises all in I should be way more suspicious as A-4, K-4 suited, 5-4, etc. at least are all probably in his range. On the other hand I feel like most of the time in this situation I'm ahead. Again though, still learning, and have the bankroll to take many more lumps, but would like to avoid if possible. Any feedback, advice, insight is appreciated.
  • 1 reply