This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

1,5$ | FR | T |blindbattle resteal vs a reg| K8o

• maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      hi,

I think I played that one wrong. In the game I thought that my hand is not good enough for a resteal and I called it to play at least in position. He is a reasonable player who raised close to 80% in the sb on 35 hands. I already shoved his sb raise one time and he folded it. If he opens 75% and calls 30% which is probably to loose I should 3bet shove with 60%. What do you think my estimations of the ranges?

Poker Stars, $1.32 Buy-in (80/160 blinds, 20 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 4,202 (26.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): 2,145 (13.4 bb)
      BTN: 7,153 (44.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :8h: :Kd:
      BTN folds, SB raises to 320, Hero calls 160

Flop: (700) :Jd: :Jc: :3c: (2 players)
      SB bets 477, Hero folds

greets

maniac
  • 3 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      If your range assumptions are good then shove is clear play. Obviously call is still better than folding.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      ,) sure but I try to figure out if they are in the right direction at least.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Decent player will have pretty polarized minraise range with 13bb BvB as default. That is because risk:reward of shoving is pretty good and with ICM included he shouldn't induce resteals that wide. So if he has hand like QJs it should be shoved as it's bit weak to induce. Same with lot of hands like 86s or T9o that they have enough equity to shove but are sort of nasty to raise-fold.

But some players might try to steal really wide with small raise as small risk option. Which can be optimal of you are too tight even with hands that would be clearly profitable shoves. If he has not been using shoves with these shallow stacks and has been raising often them his range is likely too wide. Your exploitation of that is to start shoving/calling wider and at that point K8o is totally fine hand to shove.

If on other hand his range is actually polarised what happen is that he will let go of his weak holdings and snap call when inducing and at that point wide shoves can quickly become pretty bad. Still even if we think so we have option to take cheap flop which would be standard line with decently solid hand like K8o.