Are there many fish playing 7card stud?

• KapitanJack
      KapitanJack
      Bronze
      I m a no limit holdem player but i started thinking of switching to 7card stud. The only problem is that I have never played it before and I would prolly suck at the beginnig...I was also wondering if players playing stud are tough or rather weak?
  • 4 replies
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I gave stud hi a go for about a week, .04/.08 tables. :D It's essential that you are able to keep track of all the up cards, so multi-tabling is limited - anything over two tables would be too tough for the average person at stakes higher than .25/.50 imo, three hands going at once would be a little crazy. How tough the opponents are, I don't really know.
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      IMO stick to what you know best as it will earn you more profit than searching for the fish at other games you don't know well. Switching to another game will require you to spend time learning strategy; time which could've been spent grinding. -EV move.

If you want more fish then I suggest you attempt HE FL. Since you already know HE you'll be able to learn FL faster. FL at the micro limits is very fishy!
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Stud in general is one of the harder poker games just because your odds will change depending on what your drawing to, and what cards are already dead...Also its harder atleast in my oppinon to find good reads on good players.
    • KapitanJack
      KapitanJack
      Bronze
      Thanks yall! I think you are right, i ll stay with HE and maybe just try FL or sth else.