This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

888 blocks account without explaining

• Yeekoyok
      Yeekoyok
      Basic
      Hi all,

This is Yeekoyok from 888. I am a small stakes reg on 888. I have been played on 888 for more than 5 years. I played more than a million hands on the site.

A month ago 888 sent me this e-mail:

"This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "Yeekoyok".

As you may be aware we carry out security checks on all of our members at some point during their membership with us. During a security check on your account we have been alerted to suspicious activity indicating that the use of Artificial Intelligence may be involved.

The use of Artificial Intelligence is strictly against our User Agreement and will not be tolerated on our site and as a result your account has been suspended. If you have any information which would assist with our investigation or if you feel that the decision to place restrictions on your account has been taken in error, please contact us so that we can clarify the situation."

I only used Holdem Manager 1 on the site (which is allowed) and nothing else.

Since then I tried to ask them many times, what specific rule of theirs they think I broke. They always copy pasted the same bs, that decision still stands, so on.
      They just won't answer it seems. I still can not log in, my money is still unavailable. I am really disappointed that this happened. So to fight for my truth I opened this topic, and another one will follow on 2+2.

What would you do in my place, to solve the situation? How can this happen to innocent people (I know I am not the first one) that they are just banned, and their money is seized without any warning because of a buggy software?

I am looking forward to hearing your stories too, and any advice which can help to reopen my account. I feel really bad that a poker site can treat a customer like this.

Please 888rep if you read this, help in my case because I feel ignored by 888. I don't believe they are investigating anything, they just trust their software which has been proven wrong many times and ban innocent people sending them copy pasted e-mails all the time.
  • 6 replies
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by Yeekoyok
      Hi all,

This is Yeekoyok from 888. I am a small stakes reg on 888. I have been played on 888 for more than 5 years. I played more than a million hands on the site.

A month ago 888 sent me this e-mail:

"This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "Yeekoyok".

As you may be aware we carry out security checks on all of our members at some point during their membership with us. During a security check on your account we have been alerted to suspicious activity indicating that the use of Artificial Intelligence may be involved.

The use of Artificial Intelligence is strictly against our User Agreement and will not be tolerated on our site and as a result your account has been suspended. If you have any information which would assist with our investigation or if you feel that the decision to place restrictions on your account has been taken in error, please contact us so that we can clarify the situation."

I only used Holdem Manager 1 on the site (which is allowed) and nothing else.

Since then I tried to ask them many times, what specific rule of theirs they think I broke. They always copy pasted the same bs, that decision still stands, so on.
      They just won't answer it seems. I still can not log in, my money is still unavailable. I am really disappointed that this happened. So to fight for my truth I opened this topic, and another one will follow on 2+2.

What would you do in my place, to solve the situation? How can this happen to innocent people (I know I am not the first one) that they are just banned, and their money is seized without any warning because of a buggy software?

I am looking forward to hearing your stories too, and any advice which can help to reopen my account. I feel really bad that a poker site can treat a customer like this.

Please 888rep if you read this, help in my case because I feel ignored by 888. I don't believe they are investigating anything, they just trust their software which has been proven wrong many times and ban innocent people sending them copy pasted e-mails all the time.
      I sent this over for you.
      Thanks!
    • LUCKYberioza
      LUCKYberioza
      Bronze
      please write answer from 888poker
    • Yeekoyok
      Yeekoyok
      Basic
      Thanks, 888rep.

Case progress: 888 asked for notarized copies of ID and utility bill. I have sent those today.
    • Yeekoyok
      Yeekoyok
      Basic
      My account was reinstated soon after. Here is the e-mail:

"This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username Yeekoyok.
      Thank you for your email and providing the required documents. As such, your account has now been reinstated for your further use.
      Please be advised, we have rules in place to ensure that our site remains safe and secure at every level. We are consistently looking at ways of improving the experience of a player by improving our security procedures.
      To eliminate future misunderstandings in the future, we advise that you disable any software on your computer, which could be deemed as Artificial Intelligence.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. We take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck at the tables."
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Bronze
      Lately 888Poker was under DDOS attack, atleast that's what they told me in a mail.
      Still no way to connect to 888Poker in my case, i don't even get to the lobby lol
      Hope it's gonna be fixed soon and that my welcome tickets didn't expire since they activate it only for 24H !!! ...
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      As of 08:01 this morning, 888 appeared to be firing on all cylinders.

wp 888 IT staff!
      VS