This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] KQs SB vs UTG limp

• iNeverHit
      iNeverHit
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $3.68 (184 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $1.67 (83.5 bb)
      MP: $3.74 (187 bb)
      CO: $2.06 (103 bb)
      BTN: $2.77 (138.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Qd: :Kd:
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB folds, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.18) :7c: :9h: :Ks: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, UTG calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.40) :Ad: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, UTG calls $0.18

River: ($0.76) :5h: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, UTG calls $0.18

Results:
      $1.12 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: :7c: :9h: :Ks: :Ad: :5h:
      Hero showed :Qd: :Kd: and won $1.08 ($0.53 net)
      UTG mucked :Kh: :4h: and lost (-$0.55 net)

Hi, playing this hand against unknown fish - 6 hands, no stats

Preflop limp signs that he is a fish and I have pretty much a monster against this type of player after his limp :f_biggrin: . So I isolate him preflop with 4bb sizing. May bet even more..like 5 BB with this suited hand which has good playability.

Postflop classic cbet for value, he has a lot of weaker hands which he can call with on the flop.

Turn is not so good as fishes often limp AX hands and float flop. At least it is what I experienced but he can still have lot of weaker kings, pocket pairs, 9X hands and so on...quite wide range for sure. Options are ch/call or cbet again. I decided to cbet again to get some thin value of his weaker hands and I didn't want to bet big because he can have A in his hand and I don't want to throw away my money.

On the river I decided to make a block bet pretty much/ thin value bet. I bet small because I don't want to check and have difficult decision if he bets large vs my check. If he reraise me on the river with some bigger sizing like 3x or more I would fold my hand but wouldn't be happy certainly :f_biggrin: .

Good line or bad line vs fishy player? May even use bigger sizing preflop and on the flop but I think turn and river play is and option. Other option is ch/call turn and ch/call river if he don't bet with reasonable sizing. Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      No offense but you really have a lot to learn and improve. Preflop is great.

On the flop why do you check ? And why do you check/raise ? What do you want to achieve here with this move? It seems you are clicking buttons.

Cbet 1/2 on the flop. Then check/call the A on the turn and check/decide on the river.
    • EMCM1
      EMCM1
      Bronze
      Hello, here's my review of your hand:

Preflop: I would raise to 5BB, but your raise wasn't bad at all.

Flop: Bad played. No need to check/raise. You have top pair, just cBet to add value and eliminate vilain's weaker hands.

Turn: I think your line of thought was good. I would check/call here.

River: Since i checked on the Turn i would check here too. If villain bets, probably a fold, since he could have an Ace or maybe two pairs.
    • iNeverHit
      iNeverHit
      Bronze
      I didn't realize I did c/r the flop until now :f_biggrin: It was either missclick or something, I don't do this normally, cbet for value on the flop is best play and I know it, I misread that hand, thanks for replies :f_drink:
    • clovenhoofsdoom
      clovenhoofsdoom
      Silver
      I think betting the turn is best line to gather information. If he raises, this is a fold. If he calls - fine! He probably did not improve and just continues calling his flop-made pair. River bet is then ok, since your probably are in front of him a very lot of the time. Villain tends to play pretty honest, raises his monsters and calls too wide. Only thing which isn't great: your check OTF. I would cbet almost every single board in an isoraised pot. This should be autoprofit spot!