This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] KQs 3bet pot oop

• Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.43 (208.6 bb)
      UTG: $6.26 (125.2 bb)
      MP: $5.16 (103.2 bb)
      CO: $6.45 (129 bb)
      BTN: $5.31 (106.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Kd: :Qd:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02) :3d: :Tc: :2s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $0.75

I have so much EQ, I refuse give up. I am little bit afraid that I c-bet and he calls over cards and I won't improve OTT. - what do you think?
      On this limit and exploitatively I am doing c/r (cause doesn't make sance to do with reguler overpair).

Turn: ($3.62) :6h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

I am ready to give up

River: ($3.62) :Qs: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75
      I was thinking about the call, but the sizing and my "tricky" play OTF and than no action.. but he doesn't have many blufs, I think he didn't call OTF with trash

Results:
      $7.12 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: :3d: :Tc: :2s: :6h: :Qs:
      Hero showed :Kd: :Qd: and won $6.82 ($3.27 net)
      BTN showed :Qc: :Js: and lost (-$3.55 net)
  • 5 replies
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      You can also flat preflop. I guess its up to you.

The way you played, i would cbet the flop as its very dry and it is really hard for the villian to have hit it. Be ready to fire turns as well to make him fold his 44-99 type of hands + random flop floats.

i dont get it why you check raise? You represent exactly nothing. Do you really have a check raising range on this board ? If you check -ise the flop why are you not continuing your story on the turn ? If you want to bluff, have some balls and go for a turn bet.

You hit the Q on the river - valuebet it yourself. Villians range is some pocket pairs 44-99 + JJ or a Tx hand like 9T/TJ/TQ/TQ/AT.

Dont post results as they might affect the hand review since people tend to be result oriented.
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      double post, sorry
    • TonyRice
      TonyRice
      Bronze
      I flat a lot in this situation mainly because i fuck up a lot still in 3b pots OOP nothing wrong with a 3b which i do mix in but i pick my opponent. As played i would Cbet flop to fold out any air or low PPs. When he calls your c/r on such a dry flop most of the time he has at least some part of it Tx a lot, JJ, also sets and waiting for you to fire again.

On river after turn check i probably would have done the same and tried to see as cheap showdown as poss but I think i am missing out on a lot of dosh from taking this line and the Tx range seems very likely!
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      You can also flat preflop. I guess its up to you
      Why do you think it? you improve your EQ like improve the BD and you don't have initiative.

If you check -ise the flop why are you not continuing your story on the turn ? If you want to bluff, have some balls and go for a turn bet.
      Cause my EQ didn't improve?? :)

i dont get it why you check raise? You represent exactly nothing.
      That is true.. you are right, it is silly
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      You have jj+ that u might wanna xr, esp vs stab happy opponents. I like the flop raise, you have a lot of turns that you can shove on. And sometimes u have to shut down, like on this turn. Otr bet 1/3 for value.