This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] 66 on low board, want protection, how are you thinking about it?

• Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4.80 (96 bb)
      BB: $5.41 (108.2 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $6.84 (136.8 bb)
      CO: $5.63 (112.6 bb)
      BTN: $7.67 (153.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :6s: :6h:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) :9d: :5h: :4h: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

I want to stab the flop. I make the c-bet for protection (cause he has many overcards).

Turn: ($0.74) :2s: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Now, I don't know what to do cause turn is blank so nothing has changed. So I don't have value bet here, but it seems like my weakness so he can bet with anything on any river and I will have to fold it. How are you thinking about it? Is good choice to bet a little and determine the price?

River: ($1.54) :Kc: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $1.54 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: :9d: :5h: :4h: :2s: :Kc:
      BB showed :9s: :5s: and won $1.48 ($0.72 net)
      Hero mucked :6s: :6h: and lost (-$0.76 net)
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This is a spot on the turn you most likely beat only beat a flush draw and it depends what kind of villain you dealing with if I bet for thin value and protection. The river is a standard check for sure.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      The BB defended and the flop came really favorable for him.
      Your flop bet is good because you have mid-pair and you make him pay a flushdraw/straight-draw. Besides, you have two cards that connect with that board, one of them a heart. Your bet could have won the pot immediately. That didn't happen, so he probably has some sort of hand in this board. Two overcards are a possible hand. Some sort of AsXs hand could also be taken into consideration.

The turn card is a card that creates a straight-draw situation if he has an ace. Once he checked again, I'd be looking to check-behind here. In addition to the possible flushdraw you were already facing in the flop, you could now be facing a straight-draw. Your opponent could have a hand with a lot of outs (more than 10), which eliminates the fold equity you could have by throwing-in a second barrel.
      In short, here I'd stick to the "small hand, small pot" principle.

The river card is a K, which doesn't favor you at all. Since he called your turn bet, checking here is the best option, in the hope that your pair of 66 will be good at the showdown.
    • Jakks
      Jakks
      Platinum
      I would bet OTT for sure, smaller sizing though - thin value bet, since we still beat draws which will call, but also lose to few combos already which might plays x/c OTF (77, 88, 9x). By betting the turn we also ensure a x/x OTR.

If he leads OTR, I calling depending on the sizing.
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      Want protection? Try Expecto Patronum.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Your opponent could have a hand with a lot of outs (more than 10), which eliminates the fold equity
      It doesn't matter I think. If he calls, he will calls with wrong pot odds.. (I fold to donk bet OTR)