This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Questions about "Elementary Cash Game"

• pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      Hi.

Has anyone bought that cash game course from RYE?

Is it for SH, FR or both?

Does it worth?
      I mean, my WR is positive after 80k hands and most of my other stats look consistent, but I'm still playing NL2 and I'm pretty sure there is a lot of room for improvement.

I think most of the producers of RYE are pokerstrategists, but I couldn't find many videos of FaLLout86 here...
      Is he a good player/coach?

Thanks in advance!
  • 14 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey pguest,

FaLLout86 produces videos predominantly for our German site.

You can find his German videos here.

Regards

Laz
    • LeHai930
      LeHai930
      Bronze
      Honestly I think $1000 for a video training is way too much. With that amount, you can get a private coaching tailored to your need. That's a far better option.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yea if the course costs that much it is definitely too much for NL2.
      If you still play NL2 it shouldn't be that difficult to do some small adjustments to your game and climb up the limits. I guess this course would be also a bit too advanced and could confuse you and it might not help you with the lowest limits. Or if the course would be easy to understand and not too advanced, then you can ask yourself why are you playing NL2 :f_biggrin:

I would suggest just watching some videos here at PokerStrategy, posting a lot of hands to the forum and if you are considering private coaching go with something cheaper. I honestly think there are good coaches that are cheap and a bit better coaches who are damn expensive. If your goal is to get from NL2 to a couple of limits higher, probably both of the coaches can help you with that. So, when you pay more to the expensive coach, the value/knowledge/help you get doesn't increase that much.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LeHai930
      Honestly I think $1000 for a video training is way too much.
      Hi, LeHai930. It costs about US$ 35. It's the most affordable of their courses.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61

FaLLout86 produces videos predominantly for our German site.
      Thanks, Laz.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      If you still play NL2 it shouldn't be that difficult to do some small adjustments to your game and climb up the limits. I guess this course would be also a bit too advanced and could confuse you and it might not help you with the lowest limits. Or if the course would be easy to understand and not too advanced, then you can ask yourself why are you playing NL2 :f_biggrin:

I would suggest just watching some videos here at PokerStrategy, posting a lot of hands to the forum and if you are considering private coaching go with something cheaper.
      Hi, la55i.

I've been studying a lot. But finding good and up-to-dated resources on FR is very hard. Most of the videos or articles are about SH and I'm not mentally prepared to that.

My WR is something around 6-7 big blinds/100, for 80k hands, which is mediocre for NL2, but when I look at my graphs and stats, I realize that my non shodown winnings could improve a lot.

On the other hand, my blind defense looks solid, maybe because NL2 players (at least for FR) just suck on that and I've been lucky.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yea it is true that you won't find that much material that is specifically for full ring. If you have indeed played 80k hands with 6-7bb winrate, I would say that is already quite good. Of course in NL2 regular tables you could expect even higher winrates if you really crush it. But still, if your bankroll is big enough for NL5 I would definitely take a shot. With that winrate and sample size, you can't be totally terrible :D And if you stick to NL2 you might be wasting your potential and slowing down your progress.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      If you have indeed played 80k hands with 6-7bb winrate, I would say that is already quite good. Of course in NL2 regular tables you could expect even higher winrates if you really crush it. But still, if your bankroll is big enough for NL5 I would definitely take a shot.
      Apparently, NL5 FR has a lot more regulars per table than NL2 and my postflop game is simply not good enough.

Yea it is true that you won't find that much material that is specifically for full ring.
      How about the SH/6-max material? Are the articles up-to-date? Have new theory videos been produced?
      PS looks a lot "deady", nowadays...
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      I mean, the frequency of fishes (players with VPIP > 30) on NL5 FR tables looks a lot smaller than on NL2.
      Not sure if the same happens for 6-max or if this is a site dependent thing and, on other sites, the situation would look more favorable.
    • la55i
      la55i
      The strategy articles you will find here are quite old but there should be quite new and relevant videos. If you looks for the last 2 months only there should be many videos (live coaching recordings, theory videos and so on) and almost all of those are for 6max. Of course the same theories can be applied for full ring, maybe with some small adjustments. But if you are looking for FR only material or live play videos where a coach plays FR those might be hard to find.

Of course the higher you go, there will be less recreational players. NL5 should still have plenty. But maybe full ring tables have more regulars because it is slower and more boring so it doesn't appeal to recreationals. At least that is my opinion.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pguest
      Hi.

Has anyone bought that cash game course from RYE?

Is it for SH, FR or both?

Does it worth?
      I mean, my WR is positive after 80k hands and most of my other stats look consistent, but I'm still playing NL2 and I'm pretty sure there is a lot of room for improvement.

I think most of the producers of RYE are pokerstrategists, but I couldn't find many videos of FaLLout86 here...
      Is he a good player/coach?

Thanks in advance!
      Hi I have send you a friend request can you accept?
    • pguest
      pguest
      Bronze
      @la55i, what your thoughts on having "balanced ranges" for the micros (specially NL2 and 5)? Are they really necessary?

@CptJokerFish, done! Thanks.
    • la55i
      la55i
      @la55i, what your thoughts on having "balanced ranges" for the micros (specially NL2 and 5)? Are they really necessary?
      I would say you don't have to worry about balance. However, I don't mean that you should be 3betting only AA pre or never bluff postflop. Or bet huge on a dry board where your range really doesn't have any bluffs.
      Your goal is to make as much profit as you can and sometimes you can achieve that with a bit more balanced play, sometimes not. But you don't have to overthink this and really try hard to play a certain way just to be balanced.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze

@CptJokerFish, done! Thanks.
      np, just add me in Skype. I can help you also a little bit with your game if you want. But I´m also not an expert mostly I play NL20-NL30 and sometimes NL50 when there is a hugh fish. :-D But my goal is NL50 @ the end of next month. Maybe if I help someone then the karma will be on my side and the variance god will be good to me. :f_drink: