Weird issue with UI, support fobbing me off

• rcon101
      rcon101
      Silver
      Hi all - had me a very strange issue with the Mansions UI and I'm having no luck explaining this to them

I came home late one Friday and fired up a couple of $5 SnG's and was doing ok when get AA in one of them. Board come down K high, some chips go in, next card, I bet (without pushing all in/"call"), villan pushes over the top. I figure he has hit, so I click the "all-in" and .... nothing. So I click again, and again and again. NOTHING! wtf? The only other button was fold.

My hand gets folded - VERY unhappy.

Anyway, as I'm firing up gmail to send something off, the exact same thing happens in the other SnG - money goes in on flop and turn, I get re-raised all in, I can't call. HUH???? note: i didn't have AA or anything nearly so good, but fact remains, I couldn't put my money in when I thought I was in front.

Anyway, I fire off another email almost instantly and I hear nothing for 3 (wellm 2 anyway!) days.

Then I get a couple of emails telling me they'll get back to me, and finally I hear their technical department has decided that since there were no server issues at the time, this was a firewall or ISP issue, HUH????????? Are they serious? I work as a software developer, and this was *not* a fire wall issue. Something in the UI decided that the "all-in" bet from me wasn't valid, and wouldn't submit it.

Anyway, as it has been nearly a week now, I thought I'd post something here to see if anyone else experienced a similar issue.

Sorry if this is a little "ranty", but I'm still really fired up they tried to tell me it was either an issue with my connection (not likely as I was able to browse EVERYTHING, including their foyer just fine), or my firewall (also not likely at all!)
  • 7 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      This happens when you are doing something else besides playing poker. Buttons freeze for few seconds.
      Same has happened to me few times before, but not lately. Same thing on PokerStars and Party...
    • rcon101
      rcon101
      Silver
      I work with software, so I think I'd recognise a "frozen" system!

The buttons were not freezing, they were depressing, and the UI was making a "rejected", you're not allowed to use this button, type noise, but thanks for the suggestion.

All I'm asking of them is for my money back, *and* an explanation - I'm not confidant of playing their site right now.

Couple of days into using the UI, it decided to do an upgrade of my software AS THE SnG WAS STARTING - I did not see the first 2/3 (can't remember) orbits of the table. NO confidence in it right now.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I work with software too ;)
      And I didn't say system was frozen, only buttons or with your words, "they were depressing"and "rejected sound" appears while pressing them.
      If you don't do other stuff while playing, you'll do just fine.

And like I said. This happens to me at Mansion, Stars and Party.

They won't give you money and you got explanation from me :)
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I work with software too ;)
      And I didn't say system was frozen, only buttons or with your words, "they were depressing"and "rejected sound" appears while pressing them.
      If you don't do other stuff while playing, you'll do just fine.

And like I said. This happens to me at Mansion, Stars and Party.

They won't give you money and you got explanation from me :)
      Even if it's true, that's just ridiculous..
    • rcon101
      rcon101
      Silver
      CoreySteel, I understand what you are saying, but the UI appeared (to a trained eye) to be performing perfectly - plus, other sites were up and the foyer was flawless. It wasn't an overloaded system, but rather a malfunction in the logic of their software. Period.

Anyway, if it is a "fozen" system, why would it happen only in the spot where I can't do anything but call "all-in", then work perfectly for another couple of dozen hands in the other SnG, then fail in EXACTLY THE SAME situation on the other. VERY STRANGE.
    • rcon101
      rcon101
      Silver
      Well Mansion's support keeps telling me it is an issue with cookies, or I've not got the right internet settings. Complete and utter rubbish.

I'm going to look into withdrawing my start cap and putting it into another PS affiliated site - one that works, and doesn't give me the run around.

Is this anything wrong with this from PS's point of view? Or where would be a better spot to ask this question.....

Thanks guys
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You can't withdraw your money until you make 5000 MCP.