Push- & Rebound charts

• Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      1)I think these charts where made for 9 man SNG orginally, right?
      How well do they work for larger SNG's? Up to how much people?
      Can i also use this strategy for example for an $10 Freezeout with 600 people profitably?

2) Are the rebound charts also calling charts?

Example 1- 1st rebound chart: I am on the BU with A9 suited and i have only 6bb left. The CO pushes allin for 13bb. Do i call or fold here?

Example 2- Rebound chart in the big blind: Do i call with A2 off suit an allin of the small blind for 8bb?

Do we call also if two people go allin and meet our requirements?

Thanks in advance

Yoghurt1973
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi Yoghurt,

I'm just getting started with SnGs, but I'm pretty sure - re your point 2) - that you can't ever just call if you are in the push/fold stage. I.e. if you are in the right stage of the tournament to be using the push/fold charts then, by definition, you shouldn't be calling anything.

"Example 1- 1st rebound chart: I am on the BU with A9 suited and i have only 6bb left. The CO pushes allin for 13bb. Do i call or fold here?"

You push or fold here and the decision which, is based on stack size, number of opponents etc. e.g. It makes a difference whether you're already in the money, or in the bubble etc.

"Example 2- Rebound chart in the big blind: Do i call with A2 off suit an allin of the small blind for 8bb?"

As above; you don't call. You only push or fold. And which depends on your stack size vs SB and your positoin in tournament etc.

Generally, you are going to need really good cards (at least QQ+, maybe K,K) to justify going allin with 2 other players allin. At least one will likely have a very good hand. Equally, you want to stay out of the way in such a situation as one of the players who went all in will probably be going out of the trny - which is a good outcome for you - with no risk.

Can't help with your q. about whether charts work for larger SnGs. Do you mean MTTs? I expect the priciples are similar but someone more knowlegable than I should advise.

Glatt,
      Tim
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Just like you i don't feel comfortable calling in these and other situations. (for simplicity i leave bubble- and tournament factors out of the equation)

When will you push allin than? Can you push when your opponent or you met 30% of the required bb, above you should fold since he might be pot committed?Etc, etc. Its shady, but the handout is not i quess.

But have you read this in the handout.

The four charts distinguish four situations:

1)Nobody is involved in the hand yet. You will use the push-chart.
      2)There are already players in the hand, it is not important how they were involved. Now you use our three rebound-charts, which differentiate between your possible positions.
    • michaelg5pro
      michaelg5pro
      Bronze
      Maybe it is just a little confusing that a Push, considerung your lower stack in contrast to these entering the hand before with a push, can only be a call. Other way round, situation your stack covers the others, rebounds are clearly, as pointed out above me, pushes, so shove over that.

I would not recommend relying on playing these charts in an mtt, however they can perform kinda starting guidelines. However many players stick to approached, adapting there style to stacksizes-blinds ratio and just dont get tighter but looser etc
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

I rather call when i got them covered. But not when they raise me and i have to call with an allin. In other words. When i call and i loose i got some chips left. When i fold i get an another opportunity to push myself and still have some folding equity at my side.