SSS at Party Poker

• flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      I've been finding it increasingly difficult to find tables with less than 3 people on the SSS at party poker, when you do find a table its often only a matter of minutes before there are 4 people or more on what would appear to be SSS. I know in the strategy it says uo to 4 a table but surely the more big stacks the better. Would be interested to know if anybody else has been finding the situation the same (NL10)?
  • 12 replies
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      I have the excact same problem, SSS just isn't possible at NL10 on party poker, thats my experience.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Well i've been putting up with it and swapping tables when needed. Looking to aquire a few more strategy points to give me the elephant license then onto BSS.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Yup, that's unfortunately true... ;) If you find a table with 4 big stack players (another 5 of course is short stack ...) that means it's very good ... ;}} And if you find with 5 big stack pl or even 6 O_o its completely awesome ;) But yeah, not for long, just for another max 15-20 minutes ... ;)
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Their everywhere! I decided to play Sit&Goes...

Yesterday I had $23 downswing on NL10 (using the chart and exact raise options), one or two BIs may have been by trying to get the blinds :evil:
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Trying to clear the bonus money as yet, would love to play sit & Goes but I would never clear the bonus. Something for the future once the bonus is clear. How are you fairing, you turning a profit?
    • DontRaiseMee
      DontRaiseMee
      Bronze
      play NL5 instead. Almost everyone there buys in for $5 and the blinds are 0.02/0.04 lol.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hmm back when I played on NL10 Party, things were okay as in Shortstack Ratio =( Too bad its now filled with other SSplayers as on Titan/Mansion NL10

Keep being patient since you will clear the bonus on NL10 and then you can move elsewhere to Stars or so :)
    • gheecko
      gheecko
      Bronze
      i usually play at 0600 est time, most big stack play at those times with buyins at $8-$15 at NL10. i also chose mostly to the left ones of the big stack and im playing 4tables at a time. im still slowly building up my br and clearing the bonus... so far so good for me.
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      Trying to clear the bonus money as yet, would love to play sit & Goes but I would never clear the bonus. Something for the future once the bonus is clear. How are you fairing, you turning a profit?
      Well it depens, the $1 turbos are crazy, the first few days went well with about $20 profit but then I hit a big downswing ended even.

Bad beats everywhere, the river made me lose atleast 15 BIs. Its really good to double up fast, theirs ALWAYS some fish that call your raise with ace high.
      I also played around 30 $3 turbos (bad BRM), ended with some nice profit.

Im still lost, cant find the proper way to move up and up!

NL10 on PartyPoker changed alot for my taste, all tables have 3-5 SSS players, but be aware some of them play any two cards :P
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hmm back when I played on NL10 Party, things were okay as in Shortstack Ratio =( Too bad its now filled with other SSplayers as on Titan/Mansion NL10

Keep being patient since you will clear the bonus on NL10 and then you can move elsewhere to Stars or so :)
      Off-Topic

I already have a stars account that I never deposited money in (Had money in the account several times from freerolls), can I get points from here still?
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Not sure, if you mean being affiliated with PS it could be possible as I know if you already have a betfair account prior to signing up with PS then betfair will consider all cases on an individual bases. I guess if your not using your stars account they may be more inclined to do so to get you online. send a ticket to PS asking them if its allowed.
    • guidosuller
      guidosuller
      Black
      SSS in NL10 is pretty tough, but the are many Shortstack Without Strategy Players :D :D you can take advantage of them. Well yea, there is plenty of shortstacker and when you find a table with 6 or 7 bigstacks you can easily double up your stack or reach the 25 BB and then its time to leave :(