This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] JJ BB vs BTN

• Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $6.27 (125.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $3.43 (68.6 bb)
      MP: $8.45 (169 bb)
      CO: $8.35 (167 bb)
      BTN: $5.12 (102.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Jc: :Jd:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.13, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.92) :7d: :Kc: :9s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.92) :Ks: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Against passive player I can bet I think (for value from 9x, TT and FD's.

River: ($0.92) :Qs: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.44, Hero folds
      I "know" it is value bet.. :) otherwise call it.
      or probably.. if he wanted to bluf, he could it OTF or OTT. It is correct reason?

Results:
      $0.92 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: :7d: :Kc: :9s: :Ks: :Qs:
      Hero mucked :Jc: :Jd: and lost (-$0.45 net)
      BTN mucked and won $0.88 ($0.43 net)
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I would consider Cbetting the flop and as played I would bet the turn for protection and thin value.
      It’s now more likely he could call with a 9 and the change he has a K is less likely now.

The river is tricky and against a passive player a fold is fine.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      You can cbet the flop and check it with the intention to call. I guess both are fine.

As played - bet the turn. The second King and his flop check make it highly unlikely that villian holds one. Bet for value and protection.

River sux as the Q kind of hits his range but its a call for me. Sometimes he will have the AQ/QT (we block QJ and the board blocks QK) but sometimes he would have lower pocket or Ax spew which would justify the call. Also, our hand is underrepped with the three checks and he rarely has the flush as he didnt bet the turn either.
    • sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      I would also cbet on the flop, about 1/3.
      OTR I would fold. Q is kind of fine for his range, I think 1/2 is an underbluffed sizing OTR, if he wanted to stab, he could have done so OTF or OTT, so its less likely that that type of player would be bluffing here OTR AND you dont beat any part of his value betting range.. when I put all those together, I have a clear fold.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Our hand is not super vulnerable but it is not worth all 3 streets, so in this case I would actually prefer a check call OTF because we are out of position. OTT I would start betting.