pokeralle
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $4,84

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:club: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, CO raises to $0,70, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,55) T:club: , 9:heart: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

Turn: ($1,75) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,83, Hero calls $0,83.

River: ($3,41) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $3,21 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6,62

I don't really know how to play against fish in these kind of situations. I have found myself beat too many times by aces or kings in similar situations against this kind of players. Maybe raise the flop and c/f turn is better?
      What do you think judges?
  • 5 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I do not know whether I like calling preflop.

On the flop, I raise him to $1,4. On the turn, I b/f. If called on the turn, I give up.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      preflop: calling minraise is ok here

flop: definitely come out betting with TPTK, close to potsize - he is folding a lot of the time here. Fold to reraise or switch to pot control if he calls
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm always calling these weak min-raises.

Flop: Bet about $1 and give up against a raise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      because of his stacksize. c/r flop and get the money all-in.
      You´re sometimes behind but you have top pair on drawy board and pot committed when he best big.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi pokeralle,

Pre-Flop:
      I'd open-fold AJs from UTG. AJ is not a great hand and you'll be OOP most of the time, you should try to avoid these spots.
      As played, calling his min-raise is OK. But IMO a fold wouldn't be bad either since you'll be OOP post-flop, against an unknown and won't have initiative, which makes the hand very difficult to play. And at these small stakes, avoiding difficult situations in order to minimize your mistakes is very important IMO.

Flop:
      Given his stack size, I'd play bet(~$1.20)/shove.
      The board is very drawy, and although he could have AA-KK, without any further reads on him, I'd say his range is a lot wider than that, he could have draws, maybe a draw and a pair. His min-raise PF doesn't necessarily means he's playing a premium hand, he could've misclicked or he could have felt like playing a marginal hand in a strange way.
      In short, against a mid-stacked unknown I'm going broke here.
      As played, I think check/call is fine, his bet is very suspicious. And I don't think he'd do it with a draw, but folding is not an option IMO.

Turn:
      As played, I'd play bet/fold on turn (~$1.20). I want to find out where I stand.
      As you played here, I think I'd call as well, the way he's played this hand so far, it looks like he's trying to reel you in. But he might try to do it with hands like KJ or QJ. But IMO, a fold also can't be too wrong (maybe not wrong at all).

River:
      As you played the hand, I'd play the river the same way, I don't think he's shoving a worse hand than yours and I don't think he's bluffing given the way he played this hand.

Well, I think your biggest mistake was PF. As you may have noticed you got some pretty difficult decisions post-flop, and those could ahve been easily avoided by folding the hand PF.