How long should SSS session be ?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      I'm playing SSS 10NL on 8-9 tables on the same time.
      Usually i play around 20 minutes a session and its around 120 hands.
      When I finish a session I usually up 1-1.5$ or down. pretty much balanced (lucky im releaseing the bonus... lol...)

I was wandering , Maybe I'm not managing my sessions correct.

how are you doing it ? any tips ?

Thank you.
  • 16 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Well i would advise to play longer sessions. Session can last however long you want them to be tho. I would advise playing around an hour and from their build to 1:30 maybe to 2. The problem with this is SSS can be very boring at times and may involve 20 min periods just hitting FOLD. But i can tell you most others play longer. For instance coachings are 1 hour 30 mins.

But all in all, its up to you. You can play 20 min sessions, or like someone i know do a 24 hour session. But i wouldnt advise doing that!!
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      You should play for as long as you have focus and can play your A+ game... if you feel yourself getting bored or tired I suggest taking a break.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      cash games give you freedom , you can take breaks any time you want, leave anytime. So play sessions while you are still focused and playing your best game.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      cash games give you freedom , you can take breaks any time you want, leave anytime. So play sessions while you are still focused and playing your best game.
      last session lost 3BI. it appears im on downswing.
      Someone raise with Q6 preflop , I reraise with AK , he push all in , I call (10NL) flop comes 89J turn Q river 6.

AK vs 77 (I'm on the big slick) flop comes 474....

I'm down to 70$ in my bankroll , I can't play something else beside SSS (or 1$ sit n go but rake isnt worth it).
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      read this Downswings: identifying, consequences and how to deal with them
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      last session lost 3BI.
      Not to downhearten you or anything, but you should get used to -3 BI sessions. Such little swings (and bigger) are common while playnig SSS
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      last session lost 3BI.
      Not to downhearten you or anything, but you should get used to -3 BI sessions. Such little swings (and bigger) are common while playnig SSS
      Maybe my game is bad.
      but I don't see myself earn money , only lose , in the last couple of days.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I didn't succeed with SSS and I took a risk playing NL10 BSS and the style worked much better for me. I would not recommend this with your bankroll but if your site provides NL2 or NL5 that could be an option.

Of course start off reasonably tight while you get a feel for the different strategy, I started off just playing pairs and only playing overpairs and sets. It worked well and gave me a lot of confidence.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      I didn't succeed with SSS and I took a risk playing NL10 BSS and the style worked much better for me. I would not recommend this with your bankroll but if your site provides NL2 or NL5 that could be an option.

Of course start off reasonably tight while you get a feel for the different strategy, I started off just playing pairs and only playing overpairs and sets. It worked well and gave me a lot of confidence.
      I play poker for long time , but never played with BRM :-)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      SSS without BRM???
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      SSS without BRM???
      no no no...
      I usually depoisted 50$ , sat with 20$ in 25NL tables and stood up when I doubled up... Untill I found this site :-)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      simple answer: As long as you are able to play A-game.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Until you need coffein to stay awake.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      or you can play the double or nothing if they have one...

i usually play sss on micro limits at the same time one double or nothing SNG... keeps you from being bored
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Originally posted by bordzter
      or you can play the double or nothing if they have one...

i usually play sss on micro limits at the same time one double or nothing SNG... keeps you from being bored
      is that a joke... because DoNs are the boringest thing ever you just sit around and wait for good hands like SSS... and that is booooring
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      omg mixing sss and double or nothing , that should be the most boring combo ever.

my favorite combo is mtt and omaha sh , actually enjoy playing poker that way :)