This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ KJs vs raise turn

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 10/20 Ante 3 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 75 BB (VPIP: 31.34, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 67)
      SB: 75 BB (VPIP: 25.81, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
      BB: 75 BB (VPIP: 39.89, PFR: 21.15, 3Bet Preflop: 7.10, Hands: 575)
      UTG: 75 BB
      MP: 75 BB
      Hero (CO): 75 BB

6 players post ante of 0.15 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has K:heart: J:heart:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 3 BB

Flop: (10.4 BB, 2 players) J:spade: 9:diamond: 2:heart:
      MP bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, MP calls 6 BB

Turn: (30.4 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets 15.2 BB, MP raises to 60.85 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 45.65 BB and is all-in

River: (152.1 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:

So i don't have any reads on him, it's first hand. On the flop i raise for value, i have a good hand but should i just call in this case? On the turn i have a flush draw and a gutshot that's why i bet again when he checks, but when he raises the odds to call could be close but i still have a great hand that could improve. How do you play this hand?

Cumps ;)
  • 3 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      The donk is usualIy draw or a pair. Players dont bluff here. This bord hits his calling range quite well. I would raise more on the flop to give him even worse odds. He is getting 1:4 for his draws. Turn is really bad. Just check behind and call small river bets on blanks.

greets

maniac

P.S. Think about the discounts of your outs ;) do you win if a king...?
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      KQ, Q8, pp, 87, Ahx
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Personally I would just call most of time flop as it's sizing I would have used as cbet also and while our hand is strong it's not really one you want to stack off in flop or in most runouts for 7x pot size behind.

As played turn is mandatory check because going for three street without improving is too thin and we really don't want to get raised on turn. It's really disaster as our hand should not beat any of villain value hands but we still have lot of equity whatever he has.

If we check turn and villain lead river we can decide whatever to call, raise or fold and if he checks on blank river we can often go for value bet. Pretty rare to get raised on the river at that point anymore.