This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ KQo vs min raise flop | 3handed

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 15/30 Ante 4 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 43.7 BB (VPIP: 47.62, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 22)
      BTN: 212.6 BB (VPIP: 53.66, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 41)
      Hero (SB): 43.7 BB

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.9 BB) Hero has K:heart: Q:spade:

BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9.4 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond: K:club: 2:club:
      Hero bets 6.27 BB, BTN raises to 12.53 BB, Hero raises to 39.57 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 27.03 BB

Preflop i raise because i'm facing a loose passive player who never raise (the sample it isn't the best) and i think he can fold some of the worst hands from his limping range. HCR says that raising this hand is -0.39, i understand this because i'm raising against a loose player who is chip leader and i'm going to play oop. So should i just calling this preflop and play a mw pot?

Postflop i don't like his min raise but if i just call i'm commited to the pot right? I don't have any reads on him, only he is passive, but i think he could have some worst Kx (KJ, KT) that can do that and i excluded AA and KK because i think this would raise pre.

Cumps ;)
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nasty spot on the flop on the bubble. He could have some flush draws as well in his range. If he has top pair+ in his range I would just fold. Especially if he’s passive.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      your risk permium vs cl is very high. Its the bubble an you play oop. If you raise and hit you need more than toppair. basically you have to play the hand the same as a freeplay vs 2 players. most of the time you need trips or 2 pair at minimum to play for stacks. according to that you dont want to play a big pot. How do you play a small pot? There are 3 options. first is the fold. The fold has 0 ev. imo on these stakes you have always against anybody a postflop edge. This is why I try to find a better solution. If you complete the pot stays really small but you cant obviously get anyone to fold pre and will play a 3 handed pot. Witha raise you will vs this opponends get the bb to fold and the sb calls most of the time anyway with these stack. Normally you would cbet to get folds or get value on the flop. The problem with that is that you get a larger pot. As we pointed out we dont want that due to the risk permium. According to that I would raise pre and than under represent my hand by not cbetting and go for a cheap showdown. If he calls anyway to many cbets and you think he will just bluff you out of most of the pots limp pre and just see a cheap showdown. Do you guys agree with that SDK, ghaleon?

greets

maniac