Known players:   
      Hero:
      $20.70
      MP2:
      $20.23
      CO:
      $24.70

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 folds, CO calls $2.10.

Flop: ($6.30) T:heart: , 7:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $17.70 (All-In), CO calls $17.70.

Turn: ($41.70) 6:club:
      River: ($41.70) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $41.70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (Qd Qh)
      CO shows a flush, ace high (Ah Kd)

CO wins with a flush, ace high (Ah Kd)
  • 8 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I bet $5 on the flop and call a shove. Bad play to shove it on the flop.

After he called you, you was lucky that you was just flipping (unfortunatelly, you lost the fip).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I'd bet flop and call his shove or shove turn myself.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I'd bet flop and call his shove or shove turn myself.
      I thought that you were kidding with your previous post :) But with this one I agree (same as mine :D )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Results messed up :D next time please don't post result lol.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic

After he called you, you was lucky that you was just flipping (unfortunatelly, you lost the fip).
      That brings exactly the same result....

How is it bad play to shove, but good play to call a shove? (Giving yourself odds on purpose to call a shove because you commit yourself does not make a play good imo)

Atleast I have fold equity when I do the shove... or he might call with worse hands since he thinks I am bluffing.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I think he will almost never call there with worse hands if you shove. If you however make a normal play and cbet he might try to take advantage of the fold equity he assumes he has ( witch he doesn`t here) and try a move with hand like T+Heart , or maybe JJ with a heart , or even worse maybe
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by Michailewic

That brings exactly the same result....

How is it bad play to shove, but good play to call a shove? (Giving yourself odds on purpose to call a shove because you commit yourself does not make a play good imo)

Atleast I have fold equity when I do the shove... or he might call with worse hands since he thinks I am bluffing.
      It is not the same result. Because when you shove, only better hand will call you. You were lucky that you were just flipping on the flop. If you bet 3/4-pot, then a flush draw (or TP or JJ) is going to raise you to protect and then you can call. By direct shove, you will lose the value from these hands, since even for flush draw it is very marginal to call a shove. And flush draw will be committed after bet/shove, so that is what you want (to be ahead).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      shove seems like you have draw so he can call with worse hands, but I would also bet 5$ and call shove, simply because I´d like him to shove with draws on that flop or if he calls, then you can bet big on the turn and he should fold his draw.