This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ 88 should i cbet?

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 25/50 Ante 6 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 28.52 BB (VPIP: 24.00, PFR: 8.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 25)
      Hero (BB): 34.8 BB
      BTN: 116.68 BB (VPIP: 91.03, PFR: 12.99, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 78)

3 players post ante of 0.12 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.86 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:spade:

BTN calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, BTN calls 4 BB, fold

Flop: (11.36 BB, 2 players) K:heart: T:spade: 9:heart:
      Hero bets 5.68 BB, BTN calls 5.68 BB

Turn: (22.72 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 11 BB, fold,

Preflop the btn is a loose passive player that limps a wide range, sb should call with a wide range also because he just have to complete so i think in this situation it's good time to raise even known that btn could call.

Postflop i don't think i have any reason to do this cbet especially against this player, i have to x-call vs small bets a take a cheap showdown

Cumps ;)
  • 2 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      you may raise 6bb pre because you're oop. The board hits his calling range a lot. After the call I am done. You want a set to play for stacks. Checking pre is also ok because of the risk premium. Try to play a cheap pot unimproved.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Raising pre is fine though this pocket is on borderline as it so often get two overcard flops. Any smaller I would just check and if you had like 20BB or even bit more I would like to shove. Over 30BB deep its questionable to have shoving range though if you want to have it then hand like this make lot of sense.

Flop is definition of bad one for this hand even if you range is doing good. I would just check-fold to even smallish bet.