This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ KK check or bet flop?

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 40/80 Ante 10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 12.53 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
      Hero (BB): 33.79 BB
      BTN: 66.19 BB (VPIP: 31.58, PFR: 17.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 155)

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.88 BB) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Flop: (12.88 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: J:club: J:diamond:
      Hero bets 6.44 BB, BTN calls 6.44 BB

Postflop this is a situation that i should check the flop instead of betting right? At the time i bet because it can be some draws that he can have and call but probably it's better to check flop i bet turn if he checks.

Cumps ;)
  • 4 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      nope. bet bet bet all the way down on blanks. Get your value. The second J makes it more unlikely he got one.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Bet is more standard than check on flop though I would use sizing like 4-5bb as its relatively dry flop. Checking is fine option as well especially when you have diamond yourself meaning you need less protection. But it depends on opponent. One option is also to e.g. cbet and checking lot of turns to allow villain to semibluff especially if you have seen him making loose calls versus cbets.

But overall if villain has you beat its going to be hard to get away without board running ugly.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      I ended up shoving this hand on the turn :4h: and he shows QJ, after his call probably the best way is to slowdown check-call because if this i can only get calls from best

Cumps ;)
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      sometimes he got the J. Most of the time he is something else. You loose value if you play passive.

greets

maniac