This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ JTs defending BB?

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 40/80 Ante 10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 35.48 BB (VPIP: 21.18, PFR: 16.49, 3Bet Preflop: 6.58, Hands: 380)
      Hero (BB): 33.7 BB
      BTN: 43.33 BB (VPIP: 30.23, PFR: 18.60, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 46)

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.88 BB) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.38 BB, 2 players) Q:club: J:spade: T:club:
      SB bets 2.19 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, SB calls 5.81 BB

Turn: (20.38 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10.19 BB, fold,

Preflop what should be my calling range on BB? I run it on hcr and i think he raises aboute 35% so it says that i should call with 93.8%, i understand that because i have the pot odds to call but should i denfend all of this? I think i have to fold some of weaker hands like most unsuited hands that don't have an A or K and some suited hands like 72s or 52s. Even low pp i better to call or 3bet because it will always be difficult to play it postflop.

Cumps ;)
  • 2 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      yes you can defend that much. Try to start with easy ones and practise postflop play. As played the hand is fine. You have to protect vs one card fd and str8 draws.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Using HRC to nonallin preflop spots is questionable as it assumes that hands are checked to showdown. Which means that we get to always realize full preflop equity which in real life is rarely happening.

Still good player can defend close to any2 versus minraise with antes and position. For beginner players I would advice tighter range but of course there are still good amount of solid offsuit hands without A or K. E.g. 89o, J8o and such that will make often decent pairs or draws.

Small pockers are best to call with this deep stacks as shoving is bit too many BB. You can somewhat set mine those and call on some drier flops without hit.