This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Crushing the Unibet MTT's

• Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Hello everyone!

My name is Tim, I am 28 years old and I live in The Netherlands. I have been playing (online) poker for quite some years now, but I feel like I am not playing my A-game anymore. This is the main reason that I am starting a blog. I have had some before, mostly on the Dutch community, but since there aren't much people around there anymore, I decided to open a topic over here. I wanna work on my game again, and start building a bankroll on Unibet.

Why Unibet?
      Since I am working 32 hours a week, and I am finishing my Bachelors Degree in IT I don't have time to play the massive tournaments Pokerstars offers. On Unibet, the fields are way smaller. Logically, they also take less time to finish. Next to that, there are lots of fish and people that don't really know what they are doing if it comes to poker.

What's the plan?
      1. Bankroll - I am going to deposit 50 euro's for a start. I will be playing tournaments up to a buyin of 5 euro, 5 euro rebuy's excluded. I know this isn't proper bankrollmanagement, but if needed, I have the possibility to redeposit. This is the bankrollmanagement scheme that I will stick to:

2. Working on my game - I want to start reading more about poker again, and start to watch some video's. For this, I need some input from you guys. Is there any free or silver content that is good to start with if it comes to video's and or articles/books? I'm not a complete noob if it comes to poker, I am able to play poker profitable, but I think my winrate could be much higher with the input of some study material. Next to that, I would like to join a hand discussion/Skype group if possible, if there is one. Let me know!

3. Start sporting again - In the past, I have been playing soccer frequently. I am thinking about starting playing soccer again. For the meanwhile, I want to start sporting once a week, moving it up on the long term to 2/3 times a week. If you guys have any tips on this subject, all tips are welcome!

4. Eat more healthy - The last three years I have not been eating that healthy. I think I have gained like 15 kg's. In combination with point 3, I also want to take a look at the possibilities to eat more healthy. It would be great if I can lose that 15 kg's in combination with the sporting. Ofcourse point 3 & 4 are good for you mindset if it comes to poker.

So, that's basically it. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

:pcuser:
  • 206 replies
    • theblacksky
      theblacksky
      Bronze
      Nice!!
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      No poker for me today. Will be starting grinding this tuesday evening I think. If anybody has suggestions on some study material please let me know.

For now, some music to end the weekend in style!
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Decided to play a few games this evening.

Will be posting an update about point 3 (sporting) & 4 (eating healthy) tomorrow.

These are the games that I played:

19:45 - Shooting Star Bounty - 5 euro bounty freezeout - busto KK < QQ
      20:00 - The Black Hole - 5 euro deepstack re-entry - busto with 77 vs. AQ preflop all-in (2 re-entries)
      20:00 - The Wormhole - 1 euro re-entry - busto with KTo from CO, shoved 13BB ran into AJo no help (1 re-entry)
      20:30 - Multiverse - 1 euro turbo rebuy - 2nd for 17.30 euro, K9o < AJo (o rebuy's, doubled up first hand, 1 add-on)
    • advancedTN1984
      advancedTN1984
      Bronze
      Good luck tonight!
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      That was it for now.

Bankroll: 44.99 euro
      Profit: - 5.01 euro

Decided to play the re-entry's as a freezeout for now.
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      3. Start sporting again
      As I already mentioned before, I want to start sporting again. I think I want to join a soccer team again, but for now I will be starting with cycling. My girlfriend lives 7 km's away, so every time I visit her from now on I will take my bike. I visit her 3-4 times a week, so that means +- 42-56 km's a week. This evening, I will go cycling with a friend of mine, on a race bike. The goal is to make 3 km. ride.

4. Eating more healthy
      I also made a schedule for some more scructre in my eating patterns. I will stick to 6 eatingmoments a day. This is how it looks like, for now, I will leave the weekend out:

• Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Decided to play a few games after cycling 25 km's. Cycling was quite tough, especially because it is like 33 degrees here. And ofcourse because I didn't sport for quite a while. :coolface:

20:00 - The Black Hole - 5 euro deepstack re-entry - 3rd for 143.35 euro
      20:00 - Wormhole - 1 euro re-entry - busto, 8bb openshove, KJ < 44
      20:30 - Multiverse - 1 euro turbo rebuy - busto, 8bb shove, 66 < AA (1 rebuy, 1 add-on made)
      21:00 - Wormhole - 5 euro re-entry - busto, 77 < 99
      21:00 - Singularity - 1 euro freezeout - busto, AKo < QJs preflop all-in
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Off to bed now, got to go to work tomorrow. Became third in The Black Hole, couldn't lay down 87s on a 3-bet 3-handed and when the flop was 754 it went in. Ofcourse the fish at the table held QQ and no help for me. Pretty confident about my game. Will watch some video's tomorrow, any tips are welcome.

Bankroll: 173.34 euro
      Profit: -+123.34 euro
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      And after a day of hard work some poker has to be played! :f_thumbsup:

Update 22:55:

19:45 - Shooting Star Bounty - 5 euro bounty freezeout - busto, AQo < JJ preflop allin
      20:00 - Black Hole - 5 euro deepstack re-entry - busto, last 10bb KTo < JJ
      20:00 - Wormhole - 1 euro re-entry - busto, QQ < AJ with last 8 bb's preflop allin
      20:30 - Multiverse - 1 euro turbo rebuy - busto, AKo < ATs preflop allin (1 rebuy, 1 add-on)
      21:00 - Wormhole - 5 euro re-entry - 3rd for 30.08 euro
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Gotta go to the doctor tomorrow, and after that I will have to work.

Bankroll: 185.17 euro
      Profit: +135.17 euro
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Decided tot watch these two video's for a start:

1) $3.5 Progressive Knockout MTT Leakfinder - Early & Middle Stages

2) $3.5 Progressive Knockout MTT Leakfinder - The Final Table

Both produced by Colin Moshman.
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      This evening only two games. It was a very warm day here, 37 degrees I think. Just came out of the pool, watching some tv now and playing 2 tournaments and drinking a few beers.

21:00 - Singularity - 1 euro freezeout - busto, 66 < AJs preflop allin
      21:15 - Deep Space Fireball - 5 euro deepstack turbo freezeout - busto, last 10bb with A9s SB vs BB ran into AK
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Still some profit thanks to some cashgames that I played earlier today.

Bankroll: 194.20 euro
      Profit: +144.20 euro
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      The weekend has arrived! :f_drink:

19:30 - Multiverse - 1 euro turbo rebuy - busto, QJo < 99 (2 rebuy's & 1 add-on).
      19:45 - Shooting Star Bounty - 5 euro bounty freezeout - busto, KTs < A4o.
      20:00 - Black Hole - 5 euro deepstack re-entry - busto, KJo < K9o on a K7829 board. Shoved on turn. Unlucky river.
      20:00 - Wormhole - 1 euro re-entry - busto, 55 < KQo.
      21:15 - Deep Space Fireball - 5 euro deepstack turbo freezeout - busto on the bubble with AKs < Q6s preflop allin.
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Not my day, couldn't win my flips and my better hands. A new day tomorrow. Minimized the loss because in the bus today I won a few dollars while playing some cashgames. Time for a beer now. :f_drink:

Bankroll: 189.45 euro
      Profit: +139.45 euro
    • Tara771
      Tara771
      Gold
      GL :f_drink:
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Saturday grindings! I accidentily misregged the 10 euro Deep Space tournament. I thought it was the 5 euro buyin. Let's ship it then :f_cool:

13:45 - Shooting Star Bounty - 2 euro turbo bounty - busto, A7o < A4o preflop allin.
      14:00 - Deep Space - 10 euro deepstack freezeout - busto, KK < J7s who hits a flush on the river after betting 3 streets.
      14:15 - Fireball - 2 euro turbo freezeout - 3bet allin KQo with 18bb's from the BB into AQo.
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      That was a short grind. Maybe some more tournaments later today.
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Silver
      Some more tournaments:

16:00 - Deep Space - 5 euro deepstack freezeout - busto, QJs < A7s, both hit a flush.
      16:30 - Wormhole - 2 euro re-entry - JJ < A5s preflop allin.
      17:00 - Singularity - 1 euro freezeout - busto, 88 < JTs, even hit a set but mr. hits a flush.
      17:00 - Shooting Star Bounty - 5 euro bounty freezeout - busto, KTo < 99 with last 8 bb's.