This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AJ vs. KQ 10 off the money

• YuriBeers
      YuriBeers
      Bronze
      Was playing a $0.55 6 max hyper-turbo on PokerStars. Don't have exact numbers sorry. Little bit of background on the table - Stacks ranging from about 12BBs to 20BBs
      Blinds: 500/1000 250 Ante

Hero - UTG (~13BBs) - AJo
      Villain - BU (~18BBs) - KQo

Pre Flop-
      Hero opens to 3000
      Folds round to the Villain who thinks for about 10 seconds before jamming for about 18,000
      Folds back round to and the Hero calls

Flop comes down:
      4K5 (rainbow)

Turn: 9

River: J

Villain wins pot of around 28000

Hero is eliminated in 116th place (107 places cash)

Just wondering about whether or not AJo is a call in this spot. I wasn't really thinking about ICM or anything like that, my main thoughts at the time were about what puts me in the best position to win this tournament and I came to the conclusion that winning a pot of 27k puts me closer to that goal than folding and waiting for a better hand.

Any advice or thoughts would be really helpful thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop i would shove right away with 25% ante for 13bb effective.
      If you minraise you are almost committed if someone shoves and with AJo I would call a 3bet shove as well what you did, but your 3bb raise is to much I think,

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Yeah shove preflop but if you want to have small raise range then use just minraise with this shallow stack. But AJo should be just shove.