This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

1,5$ | FR | T |pre/post| AJs

• maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      hi,

I called this and on the button because I gave the fish a larger range as we would raise. I wanted to play more hands vs him because I thought I can outplay him postflop if I hit. The flop call with 1/2ps with 2 overs and a FD is ok because of the implied odds. On the turn, I had to call a too large portion of my stack and according to that, I folded my hand.

Poker Stars, $1.32 Buy-in (25/50 blinds, 6 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 360 (7.2 bb)
      BB: 2,150 (43 bb)
      MP1: 1,243 (24.9 bb)
      MP2: 2,431 (48.6 bb)
      MP3: 1,333 (26.7 bb)
      CO: 2,359 (47.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 3,624 (72.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Ac: :Jc:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to 150, 2 folds, Hero calls 150, 2 folds

Flop: (417) :8c: :4d: :2c: (2 players)
      MP2 bets 209, Hero calls 209

Turn: (835) :2d: (2 players)
      MP2 bets 418, Hero folds

greets

maniac
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The flop spot is most likely the most interesting one and it depends a little bit on the player you dealing with if I would go for a semi bluff raise. Especially if he Cbets a lot is this hand a good candidate to semi bluff with.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      Do you semi bluff the flop? I would shove the flop either this way or if I play oop with a crai.

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Pre and flop are good. In general you want to semibluff raise more with hand that has less showdown value so some of KJ, QJ, JT of clubs. If you want to have raising range on flop which is sort of questionable considering 88 is like only really nutty made hand you can have... Do you want to raise-call hands like 99-JJ on flop?

Turn is mandatory call versus half pot. Often A is out as well and J might be and let's not forget that sometimes our hand is also best with A high in itself. You need 25% equity in cEV and bit more with ICM but you also likely have some implied odds if hitting flush.

PS: Dont shove anything on flop as stacks are too deep for that.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Do you want to raise-call hands like 99-JJ on flop?

sure. Why not? It's an overpair. Do you fear running into ha better one?

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Bigger pairs are decent portion of hand range that is likely to give action versus raise so yes I would be worried of those.