[NL2-NL10] NL10 OESD changes to tpgk on turn

• williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I'm new to BSS (after playing about 70K SSS hands), so I'm posting several hands to make sure that I'm doing things right. Played about 1000 hands today, had around 9 that I wanted to make sure about. Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it.

Will

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.50
      Hero:
      $9.50

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , K:heart:
      6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 4:diamond: , J:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.40) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($1.00) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $4.80

Looking back, I think I played this hand correctly up into the river. Called mini-bet on flop because OESD. I think I should have folded on the river becuase no worst hand would raise me?
  • 4 replies
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Raise his limp preflop, then bet/raise the flop and before you know it all the money will be in the middle on the turn.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Raise preflop, he'd probably raise with AK, AQ so you won't be dominated if flop a pair + you have position against him.
      As played, raise more on turn, pot sized bet should be ok.
      River card looks blank, but people rarely bluff check/raise river so i guess fold here is ok, imho.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi

preflop: raise to 4bb

flop: you have OESD + 2 overcards, which is strong. You also have to protect from the flushdraw so put in potsize raise here ($0.50)

turn: maybe raise more here too, you are giving him good odds to play draws

river: your weakness in earlier rounds could have convinced him he has you beat, or he could have the nuts. This is a tough spot which you could have avoided by being more aggressive earlier in the hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      Hi

preflop: raise to 4bb

flop: you have OESD + 2 overcards, which is strong. You also have to protect from the flushdraw so put in potsize raise here ($0.50)

turn: maybe raise more here too, you are giving him good odds to play draws

river: your weakness in earlier rounds could have convinced him he has you beat, or he could have the nuts. This is a tough spot which you could have avoided by being more aggressive earlier in the hand.
      +1
      I think river is b/f- unlikely that he makes there move too often, since pot is small, you can look him up.